REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Runningdog

Snow left in your yard?

Rex Hoppie

This morning there was the most tiny trace.  A weather channel meteorologist may have made something

of it but no one else.  Long gone by now.

Chris Raymond
-5 this morning and 40" or so of snow yet.  Maybe I'll post some pictures later tonight for Brian since he's always asking for pics.  ;-)

quailguy

Snow? What is that?

75 degrees and sunny in the Texas Hill Country.

2011birds159.jpg

The male blackchin hummingbirds are already here, we have 3 feeders out now; I am expecting our first rubythroat male any day.

Checo
Not much here.  The rain two nights ago and yesterdays temp of about 55 took care of most of it.

Firelight
There is bare ground on only maybe 20% around here.  But yesterdays rain means that the mud on the long, lousy driveway is deeper than the snow around it.   :angry:   We are seriously concerned about being able to get the moving truck in/out of here in 3 weeks.   :down:

pa'tridge hunters
There is bare ground on only maybe 20% around here.  But yesterdays rain means that the mud on the long, lousy driveway is deeper than the snow around it.   :angry:   We are seriously concerned about being able to get the moving truck in/out of here in 3 weeks.   :down:

You'd be surprised at how much things can improve in three weeks or how they can go straight to hell :down: .

henryrski
I don't think there is any snow here in FL but I'll check in the morning.

Crowbird

I've got Easter Lilies coming up in the front yard .

Brandon

valuman
Almost nothing here in Albany, nit sure about home. We had a couple of feet when I left Monday morning, but I'm sure the rain took out a lot of it.

walt lister
Snow? What is that?

75 degrees and sunny in the Texas Hill Country.

2011birds159.jpg

The male blackchin hummingbirds are already here, we have 3 feeders out now; I am expecting our first rubythroat male any day.

I'll see yours and raise ya one. Almost 90* here today.

hummerice004.jpg

North Dakota Hntr

You guys and your humming birds are killing me!!

Snow is pretty much gone here, with the last two days being around 60 but it looks like we may get some of it replaced this weekend. North and east of us for sure. As usual, much dryer (and warmer) here than in the eastern part of the state.

Craig

Fishnfowler
I'm down the the last stubborn patch, but it is 50 degrees out now and it won't last the weekend.

Chris Raymond

-5 this morning and 40" or so of snow yet.  Maybe I'll post some pictures later tonight for Brian since he's always asking for pics.  ;-)

Here you go Brian.  As you can see, we still have a bit of snow time in front of us.  My wire fence is 6' and the neighbor's wooden fence is 5' for comparison.  The snow pile in front of my neighbor's house, where I pile the snow from their driveway with my blower, is probably 20' high if I had to guess.  It's a good thing I have a decent blower otherwise finding room for the snow would be a bit challenging about now.

snow2.jpg

snow3.jpg

snow1.jpg

rosies dad

Chris, you remind me and everyone else why the U.P. isnt for everyone.

I really like Mi, but I get enough winter where I live in the lower.

Chris Raymond

Chris, you remind me and everyone else why the U.P. isnt for everyone.

Have I ever talked about our blackflies?  ;-)

Seriously though, we're (the Keweenaw Peninsula) typically a bit unique even for the U.P.  This year the snow wealth has been shared as folks in areas with typically lesser amounts of snow got a bit more than normal.  However, we're still under average at this point but that's only because the real snow didn't start until January 10th...and then piled up fairly quickly.  Nov and Dec were pretty sparse in comparison to usual.