REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Runningdog

Snow left in your yard?

Larry Brown

Chris, glad you posted those photos.  I was beginning to think we still have a bunch left here in northern WI.  We probably picked up about a foot Mon and Tues, another one coming today--although this one is supposed to go mostly S of us.  But you have us beat by a bunch.  We're far enough S that we don't get much in the way of the lake effect stuff.

I have a very good snowblower mounted on my Deere riding mower.  Berco, a Canadian unit.  It figures, I guess, that the Canucks would know snowblowers!

Spin

Pretty much like Larry's area, a bit less snowfall but above average in snowfall and lower than average temps.

more white stuff today and in the 7 day forecast. Ice fishing's really good. At least that's something.

Fin2Feather
We had over 20" here; I think we lost the last of it last week.  Now it's supposed to be 82 today!

Peent

Deck is in progress thus the no railings yet.  Snow is deep, you get the drift.

2132_zpsd5cdb946.jpeg

Big Al
Nope, no snow down here.

fourtrax57

come & have some. It's free for the taking.

I won't be running out anytime soon.

P3152692.jpg

frak
There's nothing like spotting that last little hard-pack of black snow on Memorial Day in the shadowy corner behind the hardware store where no one parks.

WI Brookie Guy

15-18" of the white stuff in my yard and 3-4" of fresh snow today...despite the several rains we've gotten this winter -- including the 1/2" last weekend -- the snowpack has been very resilient and we've been adding to it weekly since early February.  I can't call this a cold winter (coldest was -17 here), but it's been a persistent one.

I'll try to post pics tomorrow.

Gunflint Charlie

When I left this morning there was about 6" on the ground in the suburbs on the south side of the Twin Cities, with a couple more expected today, and maybe 6" more on Monday.  As I got into Hot Springs, SD a few hours ago it was 72, saw no SD snow on the west river side at all.

Jay

Headin west
That SD west river country could really burn up if they don't get some serious April showers.  West of Minneapolis an hour have about 6 inches on the ground.

dogrunner
Just got another 2+ inches.  :angry:

bullseyebill
Not a lot of snow, but plenty of once used dog food.

Brad Eden
Got a pretty lil dusting last night just to remind us we ain't nearly out of the woods, yet.

caleb

Just got another 2+ inches.  :angry:

We got four or five last night.  -11 this morning, -27 windchill.

Spring sure looks a long way off right now.

Here are some pictures from yesterday afternoon, before the new snow:

C3CAC301-93ED-4293-BF5A-EF3FAB0F71A5-49465E432C2-D865-4A1A-BFEA-CB514CFD584D-49475FB26B3-520F-4443-9384-7CD49B7A702C-494

WI Brookie Guy

15-18" of the white stuff in my yard and 3-4" of fresh snow today...despite the several rains we've gotten this winter -- including the 1/2" last weekend -- the snowpack has been very resilient and we've been adding to it weekly since early February.  I can't call this a cold winter (coldest was -17 here), but it's been a persistent one.

I'll try to post pics tomorrow.

March 16, from the front porch overlooking my oak wilt-ravaged yard:

003-6_zps369f359a.jpg

Street view:

001-5_zpsfbb459df.jpg

Brittanys don't care:

006-4_zpsbfa8cfaa.jpg