ROCKY MOUNTAIN HIGH

greypartridge

greypartridge

Somethings not right here. Colorado has become Crazy.

Seems like they can not even have a POT rally with a bunch of stoners without violence. It's hard to explain without living here but a lot of transient unhappy people that think the Rocky Mountain High is going to make them happy live here.

Friday is my last day in Colorado..........I will not miss it.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• greypartridge

• Dave Medema

• Hunshatt

• Lars

What is the significance of "4-20" to the pot crowd?  It makes April 20 important to them for some reason.

What is the significance of "4-20" to the pot crowd?  It makes April 20 important to them for some reason.

420 is code for possession of cannabis.   Origin is not well documented - someone forgot to do so - DOH - but might be LE code or might be connected to a group in CA known as the Waldos.

We don't need no stinky rallies in WA.  We're too chill already.  I never saw the attraction to or mystique of CO.

Sure the politics suck, but frankly I love it here.  I keep to myself during the work week and fish and hunt my butt of during the weekend.  The state has its weirdos no doubt, but I never seem to run into them out in the wilderness.  Its a beautiful state that I will sorely miss when it comes time to change duty stations.
greypartridge

Sure the politics suck

I keep to myself during the work week

The state has its weirdos

Sounds like a quality life to me...... wait till you get a few more years on you and life experiences. Unfortunately what Colorado once was has ruined it today....and it is getting worse daily. Some people like living in LA too :p

Greypartridge...

Don't lock the door behind you.  As soon as my daughter gets out of grad school (working here gets me a discount) I'll be following you out of Colorado.

This state epitomizes "if if doesn't meet standards, lower  your standards."  

Their logo should read, "If it annoys or offends anyone we'll make it illegal.  Well, unless it's marijuana."

What is really sad to me is that I have some really great friends here that I will hate to leave.  But I just can't tolerate the liberal politics of this state.

Compared to growing up in Southeast Kanas this place is filled with opportunities for outdoor recreation.  I like that a lot.  I am too busy during the work week for much interaction with anybody and frankly every state has its weirdos.  Does this mean I can have your Blue Grouse spot?
greypartridge

Greypartridge...

Don't lock the door behind you.  As soon as my daughter gets out of grad school (working here gets me a discount) I'll be following you out of Colorado.

This state epitomizes "if if doesn't meet standards, lower  your standards."  

Their logo should read, "If it annoys or offends anyone we'll make it illegal.  Well, unless it's marijuana."

What is really sad to me is that I have some really great friends here that I will hate to leave.  But I just can't tolerate the liberal politics of this state.

Buddy,

Your daughter is at a great school and you are living in one of the nicer areas of the metro area.

I moved back here to retire, having lived here before 20 years ago. My daughter came with me..... she is wise beyond her years.....she hated it. She did love our trips into Wyoming and Montana.

Experienced outdoorsman friends of mine now hate it here. They are like you, have kids going to school, several years left in their careers etc.. If you have a great job,do not have a long commute,live away from the craziness with lots of time off(5-8 weeks) to travel outside of Colorado it is not that bad. We use to be able to draw big game tags to hunt on some of the best private ranches to hunt world class mule deer, big horns, elk......may take 1-7 years to draw....now you may never get a tag in your life time. You catch trout that have fungus and multiple hook marks in their mouths from being handled by humans so many times.

Anyone who lives here and thinks the hunting and fishing here is even good, that does not have multiple private ranches to hunt on is Naive at best.

Anyone who lives here and thinks the hunting and fishing here is even good, that does not have multiple private ranches to hunt on is Naive at best.

HuntersDad sounds like he is doing pretty good over in CO. maybe you should hang out with him for a weekend or two and learn something about hunting and fishing public land, and then you could apply it to your new state of residence. it might save you the trouble of having to move again when you can't hack it there.

greypartridge

HuntersDad sounds like he is doing pretty good over in CO. maybe you should hang out with him for a weekend or two and learn something about hunting and fishing public land, and then you could apply it to your new state of residence. it might save you the trouble of having to move again when you can't hack it there.

You don't have a clue or you would not have sent that replty! :p

Hunt all day for a blue grouse, or little stocker trout is not my form of a wilderness experience.....

Briarscratch

I lived in Alaska for a little while when I was in my early 20s.   Most amazing place with some incredible people but...there more than a few nutcases who fled the lower 48 for various reasons.  No real close calls but only because I read the situation and avoided some real wackos.

Still, I'd live there if I could.  You can always shoot back.

greypartridge

I lived in Alaska for a little while when I was in my early 20s.   Most amazing place with some incredible people but...there more than a few nutcases who fled the lower 48 for various reasons.  No real close calls but only because I read the situation and avoided some real wackos.

Still, I'd live there if I could.  You can always shoot back.

Yes Alaska ..... at least you have some space to escape them there.

Colorado has really become a "collection zone" for them.

The outdoor resources are really stressed and crowded.....the wildlife zones and wintering grounds are becoming urbanized....it's too late for Colorado. You are seeing a lot of the effects with the wildfires and the subdivisions burning that are backing right up to and inside the forests.

bosco mctavitch

I escaped Colorado in 1996, before I really knew what I was escaping from.  I hear you, the front range is really overcrowded and seems like part of Orange County, CA...but really, get a grip.  I don't even really know my way around Colorado anymore and on short vacations Ive had absolutely no problem sneaking up on decent mulies and elk while hiking (DURING the season) and Ive had zero shortage of quality fishing for good sized rainbows and cut throats, and no crowds either, and ive barely scratched the surface.  Are you limiting yourself to roadside stuff within an hour of denver/boulder?  It's not Alaska, but then again neither is anywhere else in the lower 48...  I'm not saying it's perfect, but the picture you paint doesn't match my experience with outdoor opportunities there at all.  

Wont argue on the politics though.

greypartridge
I escaped Colorado in 1996, before I really knew what I was escaping from.  I hear you, the front range is really overcrowded and seems like part of Orange County, CA...but really, get a grip.  I don't even really know my way around Colorado anymore and on short vacations Ive had absolutely no problem sneaking up on decent mulies and elk while hiking (DURING the season) and Ive had zero shortage of quality fishing for good sized rainbows and cut throats, and no crowds either, and ive barely scratched the surface.  Are you limiting yourself to roadside stuff within an hour of denver/boulder?  Sounds like it.  It's not Alaska, but then again neither is anywhere else in the lower 48...  I'm not saying it's perfect, but the picture you paint says as much about you as it does about CO.  

Wont argue on the politics though.

I admit I have been spoiled.

This place is really pretty strange though. Your sister lives in Boulder .....right?