REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Tom Avent

NHL Stanley Cup Play-offs

Tom Avent

Well...someone has to do it, so I'll start. Here are my 1st round predictions FWIW:

In the West-

Chicago over Minn.

Anaheim over Detroit

San Jose over Vancouver

Los Angeles over St. Louis

In the East-

Pittsburgh over NYI

Ottawa over Montreal(sorry Ben, Anderson is too good)

Washington over NYR(homer pick)

Toronto over Boston(mostly because I hate the way Boston plays, Marchand is my new favorite player to hate)

bmeador

My picks:

West - Chicago, Anaheim, Vancouver, LA

East - Pitt, Montreal, Wash, Boston

x Bred Pointer
Well...someone has to do it, so I'll start. Here are my 1st round predictions FWIW:

In the West-

Chicago over Minn.

Anaheim over Detroit

San Jose over Vancouver

Los Angeles over St. Louis

In the East-

Pittsburgh over NYI

Ottawa over Montreal(sorry Ben, Anderson is too good)

Washington over NYR(homer pick)

Toronto over Boston(mostly because I hate the way Boston plays, Marchand is my new favorite player to hate)

Although I'm a Habs fan, I can't really disagree with any of your picks.

I've  never seen so many of the top teams in the east literally limp into the play-offs.. ie Boston, Montreal, Toronto

I can't see any of those three going deep unless they smarten up in a hurry.

Ben Hong

I hate to admit the possibility but I have to concur that Montreal is due for a fall. At this point Anderson is a LOT sharper than Price, who seems to go on those mental walkabouts at a frustratingly regular basis. Nonetheless: GO HABS GO!

As for the other matchups and outcomes, I have to agree with Tom's original post...to the letter. Including his perceptive comment about Marchand, the Rat.

x Bred Pointer
As for the other matchups and outcomes, I have to agree with Tom's original post...to the letter. Including his perceptive comment about Marchand, the Rat.

Come on now Ben. He's just a hard nosed Maritime kid that I wished was in a Montreal uniform.

Pomoxis
At least my Wild get 4the more games. They're 2 years away from making a run. I like Detroit as they are hot at the right time. St Louis over Kings as Quick is no where near last year, and San Jose over a (has been) Canucks team. I havent watched any Eastern teams so cant offer muxh opiniin.

Big Al

Ok put your money down.

West: Chi, Det, Van, LA

East: Pitt, Ott, Wash, Bost

Detroit could be the sleeper team from the lower ranks this year. They looked very good in their stretch run to make the playoffs.

Real hockey starts tonight.

gunsrus

Come on now Ben. He's just a hard nosed Maritime kid that I wished was in a Montreal uniform.

We , the Boston Fans , love him ! :love:

LacysPop
At least my Wild get 4the more games.

Oh come on.... They will get 5 more games

Pomoxis
Maybe if they get 15 injuries and the Rockford Icehogs get called up.

Ben Hong

NOPE!!!

We have a small tough as nails guy already who will outscore and outplay Marchand one day without being a jerk.

11 is his number, Gallagher is the name.

Btw, the all time King of Jerks was Claude Lemieux and even he was jettisoned because of lack of class. It is the HABS after all and we have standards! :p

x Bred Pointer

NOPE!!!

We have a small tough as nails guy already who will outscore and outplay Marchand one day without being a jerk.

11 is his number, Gallagher is the name.

Btw, the all time King of Jerks was Claude Lemieux and even he was jettisoned because of lack of class. It is the HABS after all and we have standards! :p

Ben, I like what Gallagher has brought and his upside but he won't be a Marchant type player.

Any kid in his sophmore year that tells the coach he is going to make the team and score over 20 goals has some confidence. Have you looked at Marchant's +-?

As far as Claude Lemieux goes, if we had of kept him we might have won a few more Cups since 1993 like he went on to do.

Chasin'Chukar
I'm sticking by my Sharks till the end... maybe this year we'll get to the Cup.

gunsrus

Bruins are on fire ! What a game . Marchand was everywhere !!

Go Bruins !

Bruins win

Celtics win

Red Sox win

What a night to be a Boston Fan !!!!  :love:

Ben Hong
Bruins are on fire ! What a game . Marchand was everywhere !!

The Leafs waited 9 long years to **** the bed?!?! Wtf, that wasn't a hockey game, that was a humiliation. The game was a mirror image of what they did the last time they were on the ice on Saturday against Montreal.

I have to hand it to Boston for the restraint they showed in the face of 4 goons the Leafs dressed...proving that the Bruins don't have to fight to win (I said that??) .

Marchand owned Kessel with verbal shitflinging but is still a pr/ck.