REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Tom Avent

NHL Stanley Cup Play-offs

UplandHntr
what a finish! One for the record books! One of the best finishes ever in the Finals!!!!!!!!

Pub Scout

Amazing series.

Congratulations to the Blackhawks.  They wanted it.  Great team effort.

Still proud of the Bs.  You went a lot farther than many predicted.

Skybuster
Chicago came out in the 3rd period without the zip evident in the first two. When Boston scored to go ahead late in the game I was certain they had just forced a game 7. The rest as you know was simply amazing; the goal to tie it up really changed the Hawks energy level and then the improbable second goal to win the cup. It doesn't get any better than that for professional hockey.

dogrunner
The Red Wings gave them a harder time than boston!

Dogwood
Congrats to the Hawks!  When you can roll 4 lines and all 4 back check it always shows in the third periods as a given series wears on.  And vice-versa. That's why Detroit coughed-up a ton of goals in the third period in this years play-offs and it led to their demise.  Chicago simply wore down all their opponents, simple as that.

patriot

See the same thing in football; bigger bodies wear down in the later going.

Is my memory serving me correct; were there two overtime games and the Hawks won both?

Ben Hong

Uh..no! Football players should never be compared to hockey players.

Just for one glaring example look at the injury list of the Bruins' Bergeron; separated shoulder, broken rib, torn rib cartilage, bruised spleen, soft tissue damage, etc. He eschewed the proffered stretcher and walked himself onto the ambulance for a trip to the hospital after game 5. (Whereas at the first sign of a torn hangnail, the "star" NFLer would be screaming for his agent).  Bergeron was still the most effective face-off man on the ice in the final game and this will be another legendary tale to add to the NHL Book of Lists. There were similar stories on every team.

Brad Eden

JoAnn is a bigger sports fan than me. I was in bed when the B's lost. Congrats to the Blackhawks, they deserved to win, great games, no stupid fights like during regular season.

The toughness of hockey players impresses the hell out of me.

DennisMcFeely

Uh..no! Football players should never be compadd to the NHL

+100

patriot

My point was and still is: look who's huffing and puffing and slowed down later on.  It's the bigger boys.  

I wasn't comparing toughness of players in the two sports, but make no mistake about it there are just as tough football players that play through injuries.

kdvollmer

Uh..no! Football players should never be compadd to the NHL

+100

A few years back I read a stat on Football.  Not taking anything away from them, they or at least some of them are tremendous athletes, but the average Football game only has like 10-12 minutes of actual football being played. and each player maybe 6 minutes total.  No other sport compares to players in the NHL.

PointingMutt
Very glad the Hawks won.  Great Series.  When you look at the list of injuries on both sides that people played through it's really amazing.

Dogwood

This year's playoff excitement after a short 47 game season underscores why the typical regular season is just too long at 82 games.  These guys just get too tired and beat up in a typical year to play at their best through a long playoff.  Regular season should be 60 games tops and thats not gonna happen consequently too many regular season games played at half-throttle for self preservation's sake.

Sorry for the rant.

UplandHntr

Im still in a bit of disbelief as to how fast that game went from the Hawks 1 down to 1 up.

I think the Stanley Cup is the hardest championship to win and to do it 2 of the last 4 years, and with such a young team... I hope there's a couple more to come.

I suspect they will lose Ray Emery and Bryan Bickell. They'll chase the $$$ as they should.