REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Tom Avent

NHL Stanley Cup Play-offs

Ben Hong

STUPID STUPID STUPID...

The Habs CAN NOT and MUST NOT get into a brawl with anyone, at any time. They are not built for it and they can not risk more injuries.

But the animal in me pines for the 70s and 80s when we had players who could score after kicking some serious butt though...Bouchard, Chartraw, Lupien, Robinson, Kordic, Nilan, Maley, Corson, McPhee, Tremblay, Lambert, Risebrough, Chelios...all red meat eaters. :blush:

markbrit

Hey Ben you better stop it or else we may get you a Broad Street Bullies shirt :)

Yes the old days indeed. Flyers vs Pens showed some great intensity last year but it can get to a point where a lunkhead like Asham does something over the line.

Hope it does not happen in this series.

Signed,

Watching afar and missing April playoffs (Flyers fan)

:down:

Big Al

I thought the Ott-Mont game was very entertaining. They did get a little carried away in the 3rd period but compared to the typical sterile up and down game you see today it was a nice diversion.

Penguins aren't looking as invincible as I thought they would be. The Islanders are giving them all they can handle.

x Bred Pointer

After field trialing all week-end I was just too tired to watch the Habs/Sens game last night. With the two coaches now going at it verbally, I'm guessing the brawls have just begun.

I would liked to have seen Alfredson playing defence in the third period though.

The Sens have matured a lot as a team this year, IMO.

Tom Avent
I'm sorry. I completely disagree. I thought the game was an aberration. Hockey played at speed is a thing of beauty to watch. Hockey played with speed and the added intensity of the Stanley Cup gauntlet is unmatched in the sporting world(perhaps World Cup rugby comes close). However, the whacking, slashing, punching, fighting and crappy play because the majority of the players were sent to the locker room is NOT watchable at all. I think it would serve both organizations if the NHL cancelled the rest of the series and kicked both teams out of the play-offs.

gunsrus
Wow Habs lost their composure for sure. Just another reason to dislike them.

No honor there...

Oh no , not the glorious Habs ! They have punks ? Say it isn't so !!

Spin

What this thread needs is some appropriate music, perhaps a sing along!!

gunsrus
"Toronto Strong" , I thought our Northern Neighbors had more class than that . Then again , Vancouver fans sat down when our National Anthem was being sung and then rioted in the streets when Boston kicked their arse . Sign me , ''Happy to be a Classy Boston Fan '' . Go Bruins !

dogrunner
Wings are making a series of it.

kdvollmer

Unfortunately for me, both of the cable packages that we have had since moving to Columbus have had vey little, if any Wings coverage. We didn't have the kids on Sat night and went to a local sport bar ony to see an embarrasment of a Wings team play.  Last night however was something different all together.  A fast paced, hard hitting game.  They had a few small mistakes, but if they could play that game every night, they would be hell hard to beat.  I think the Wings will pull past the Ducks, but I just don't see them getting all the way to the Finals.

GO WINGS!!

Ben Hong
The BEST series by far is the Kings/Blues series.  I mean, c'mon averaging almost  100 hits a game?!

kdvollmer

Unfortunately for me, both of the cable packages that we have had since moving to Columbus have had vey little, if any Wings coverage. We didn't have the kids on Sat night and went to a local sport bar ony to see an embarrasment of a Wings team play.  Last night however was something different all together.  A fast paced, hard hitting game.  They had a few small mistakes, but if they could play that game every night, they would be hell hard to beat.  I think the Wings will pull past the Ducks, but I just don't see them getting all the way to the Finals.

GO WINGS!!

Big Al

GO WINGS!!

Heard you the first time. :D

kdvollmer

GO WINGS!!

Heard you the first time. :D

How the he!! did that happen...

Big Al
Was the Sens first goal kicked in or not?  I have seen these calls go either way but it did appear that there was a kicking motion involved. I think if it had been ruled no goal by the on ice ref his decision probably would have been upheld but I don't think the guys in Toronto wanted to overrule him. A very subjective call.