REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Tom Avent

NHL Stanley Cup Play-offs

x Bred Pointer

Ouch. I'm a Habs fan and I just felt the fork. We're done.

I had a bad feeling with that 2-0 lead going into the third.

Not looking good now. I expect the boo birds to start early in Montreal if things don't go well early on Thursday.

How about them Isles.

I expect a major shake-up in Vancouver too. I'll be surprised if the coach makes into next week.

Ben Hong

I don't want to sound like a purveyor of sour grapes, BUT...

That first Sens goal was definitely and deliberately kicked in, regardless of what the Toronto office says.

The two "icings" late in the game saw the two fastest Senators take a slow leisurely skate to deliberately cause the icings.

Regardless of what happens in the next game, I am extremely proud of the Habs . How many times in the history of the league has a team gone from dead last in the conference one year to achieve the second best record the next?

There will be adjustments during the off season, some of which will see some real he-man types that can also play hockey brought in.

Bergevin the GM spent almost 20 years in the NHL as an "honest" player, and several more learning the ropes under the Bowmans in  Chicago. This is a good start.

Marc

(iv)  Puck directed or batted into the net by a hand or foot. With the use of a foot/skate, was a distinct kicking motion evident? If so, the apparent goal must be disallowed. A DISTINCT KICKING MOTION is one which, with a pendulum motion, the player propels the puck with his skate into the net. If the Video Goal Judge determines that it was put into the net by an attacking player using a distinct kicking motion, it must be ruled NO GOAL. This would also be true even if the puck, after being kicked, deflects off any other player of either team and then into the net. This is still NO GOAL. See also 49.2.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=26326

Looks like the pendulum has swung on this series. Go Sens Go!

Tom Avent

As a longtime Caps fan, I was SOOOOO happy to see the Islanders beat Pittsburgh last night. I'm really sick of hearing how great Pittsburgh is. Unfortunately, the Caps may end of facing the Islanders if everything lines up that way.

For tonight:

LET'S GO CAPS!!!!!!!!!!!

Ted Moore

Last night's Leafs/Bruins games was one of (if not the) most exciting games I have ever watched. And I like the way it ended, too.

TNWCC

greypartridge
Last night's Leafs/Bruins games was one of (if not the) most exciting games I have ever watched. And I like the way it ended, too.

TNWCC

Yes!

There is some great hockey being played. You can see they have put it in a higher gear, the speed is amazing.

Go Hawks.

LacysPop
Go Hawks.

If they play the next round they way they have played this round versus MN, it will be a short series (and not in their favor).  MN could have very easily stole this round if they would have played decent hockey.

Big Al

As a longtime Caps fan, I was SOOOOO happy to see the Islanders beat Pittsburgh last night. I'm really sick of hearing how great Pittsburgh is. Unfortunately, the Caps may end of facing the Islanders if everything lines up that way.

For tonight:

LET'S GO CAPS!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm right there with you Tom. It's amazing how the NHL has chosen the Pens to be their team. It all started when what's his name was drafted.

If the Islanders take out Pitts they could very well be the duplicate of last years Kings team.

Not a Caps fan though.

Pomoxis
Go Hawks.

If they play the next round they way they have played this round versus MN, it will be a short series (and not in their favor).  MN could have very easily stole this round if they would have played decent hockey.

I dont know. Its not that the Hawks are playing bad, I think its more the way the Wild have drawn up the game plan. They are trapping the hell out of them, meeting them at center ice and forcing the puck to the outside. Those flame thrower wings cant get going. They have been plugging the ice up. IMHO Its like watching a Lemaire game

LacysPop

Go Hawks.

I dont know. Its not that the Hawks are playing bad, I think its more the way the Wild have drawn up the game plan. They are trapping the hell out of them, meeting them at center ice and forcing the puck to the outside. Those flame thrower wings cant get going. They have been plugging the ice up. IMHO Its like watching a Lemaire game

They had to play that way. Trying to skate with the hawks would have been a huge mistake. But they weren't playing a "trap". At least not like the wild teams from the lemaire era.

Looks like the hawks will face the sharks. Sharks in 6.

Regardless, a western conference team will win the cup.

Go Hawks.

They had to play that way. Trying to skate with the hawks would have been a huge mistake. But they weren't playing a trap.

Looks like the hawks will face the sharks. Sharks in 6.

Regardless, a western conference team will win the cup.

Agreed but it will be the hawks.

dogrunner
Wings pushing a game 7 never thought that would happen, Go Wings!

gunsrus
My Bruins were flat . Toronto deserved the win . I can never understand how a professional team in any sport can play so well one night and two days later everyone on the team play so slow . Must be the water . :angry:

Ben Hong
I DON'T WANT EITHER TORONTO OR BOSTON TO WIN :devil:  :O  :laugh:

Reilly Auld
Let's go Pens!