• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Peent

• caleb

• valuman

• Cooter Brown

No kidding?  Should have stopped in and said hello.  I spent Monday afternoon paddling the stretch between the bridges, probably 12 miles or so.  Was that your "No Sweat" truck at one of the landings? We took the more relaxed approach as you can see.

968888_619338874745238_600175702_n.jpg

RuffChaser

Our butterfly orchid opened up last weekend. I was glad it waited until I returned from Sweden.

butterflyorchid_zpsc78430d6.jpg

Slowpokebill

Here is pic from last Friday taken while the wife and I were out hunting morels. Utah isn't really a morel Mecca but we find a few with some years being much better than others. This years conditions have been great for mushrooms and been a little dry.

Here is the best black morel we found that day.

150502736.jpg

Here is a silly little video we made just for fun (our first try making a video)

No kidding?  Should have stopped in and said hello.  I spent Monday afternoon paddling the stretch between the bridges, probably 12 miles or so.  Was that your "No Sweat" truck at one of the landings? We took the more relaxed approach as you can see.

Huh, sounds like we narrowly missed you.  I'll drop you a note if we're out your way in the future.  I don't want your bow paddler giving my wife any lessons, though.  :D

We went from the Highway 1 bridge east of Effie to the second bridge on County 6.  I think it was around 45 river miles.  The picture I posted was taken on the Muldoon Rapids.  

The truck you mention wasn't ours.  We left a red Rav4 at Highway 1 and a red Pontiac with a Thule rack at the second County 6 bridge.

The apple trees in my yard are flowering, and the bees are having a hayday.

7b33b858ca1411e2be6b22000aa80214_7_zps8f

8b0cc7aecbc911e2a3eb22000a1fbdaa_7_zpsb7

My time to brag. My daughter on the mound in the 5th place game at the njcaa national tourney last week end. She gave up 4 hits, struck out 7 and beat Rock Valley college of Illinois 3-1.

DSCN0700-Copy_zps81f03691.jpg

Wow, what a beauty!

She really reminds me of my wife in college

She's breaking some hearts for sure!,,

Congrats

We went from the Highway 1 bridge east of Effie to the second bridge on County 6.  I think it was around 45 river miles.  The picture I posted was taken on the Muldoon Rapids.  

So we paddled the same stretch for a bit.  The river crosses 6 three times and it is always a bit confusing because people up north number the bridges different than the people living south, but I know what one you where at.  The stretch we paddled was between the two northern bridges.  We both took out at the same landing.  I didn't have my truck there, just txted my wife and she came and picked us up.  I hope you weren't looking for grouse cover as you paddled.  :cool:  But you no doubt saw all the wind damage from last summer.

Hermit Thrush nest.

969065_622593207753138_973536955_n.jpg

I hope you weren't looking for grouse cover as you paddled.

No, not at all.  It seems like the area is entirely lacking in forest roads or grouse cover.  The locals along the river seemed to have a great deal of trouble getting their small engines started, too.  There was a near-constant should of engines that would turn over a few times and then die.  Seems like Effie could use a good small engine mechanic.

This recently appeared on the pedestrian bridge between Augsburg and Riverside.

D3F522B6-D65B-4F34-8671-5CB7907C5AE4-117

I hope you weren't looking for grouse cover as you paddled.

No, not at all.  It seems like the area is entirely lacking in forest roads or grouse cover.  The locals along the river seemed to have a great deal of trouble getting their small engines started, too.  There was a near-constant should of engines that would turn over a few times and then die.  Seems like Effie could use a good small engine mechanic.

This recently appeared on the pedestrian bridge between Augsburg and Riverside.

D3F522B6-D65B-4F34-8671-5CB7907C5AE4-117

You are traveling back in time up here.  About 1975 or so as near as we have been able to figure since we moved here.  Perhaps the gas in those motors was that old.

Thanks for the tip about the old gas.  I imagine the lead causes some problems in modern equipment.  I'll be sure to always leave Bemidji with a full tank.

Today's bikjoring trip was derailed when we went past a hay field full of sharps.  

Vasa was not impressed by my plan of just running by on the road.

21D2109A-329D-4FBE-8EFE-CEC2C05BE460-117

Cooter Brown

Went fishing yesterday on a tailrace with Dixiegrouse.  They weren't generating but because of all the rain lately they were letting water thru the spillway, which is unusual for this river.  It put the fish off a bit.

Kurt's a darned good fisherman and picked up 8 or so on dries and nymphs, but I got dirty and deep and dredged up a couple that took big fish for the day.  Only caught two but one was a really fat, beautifully colored 19" brown and then this long, lean rainbow.  It went about 21" and had a mouth like a largemouth.  This one made my drag sing.

Both fought like saltwater fish!

Kurt's Iphone pic:

ToccoaTrout6-8-13-Gresized_zps17340079.j

Kansas Big Dog

I took a few with my cell phone the other evening in front of our house.

IMAG1189UJ_zps8b7a2937.jpg

IMAG1197UJ_zpsd50f3faf.jpg