REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
steve s

Cream of the crap

steve s
It's summer time.  That means graduation parties, family reunions, 4th of July parties, etc.  Typically when you arrive at such parties you have a line of coolers chock full of icy cold, inexpensive domestic beers ready to dive into.  So, which can of pee water will you reach for first?

ShortTailGuy
When my dad was alive and I would take him to the beer store he would buy the most gawd awful tasting beer that you could purchase for the least amount of money.  I would buy Sam Adams and he would belittle me for spending the money.  I remember one time years ago that he found a beer for $5.00 a six pack but the kicker was if you sent in the sales ticket you would get $4.99 refund and the store would allow him to buy as much as he wanted.    MY poor mom was so pissed that half the basement was full of this horse piss and all my dad would say was..."I am saving money Hon...saving money"

john mcg

I didn't write this, as it is my ghost writer.

Either Rolling Rock or Coors.

uplandnut30
When my dad was alive and I would take him to the beer store he would buy the most gawd awful tasting beer that you could purchase for the least amount of money.  I would buy Sam Adams and he would belittle me for spending the money.  I remember one time years ago that he found a beer for $5.00 a six pack but the kicker was if you sent in the sales ticket you would get $4.99 refund and the store would allow him to buy as much as he wanted.    MY poor mom was so pissed that half the basement was full of this horse piss and all my dad would say was..."I am saving money Hon...saving money"

I thought Sam Adams was the most gawd awful beer known to man? :glare:

My go to cheap beer is Miller high life light.

Kansas Big Dog
Busch Light

bullseyebill
Life's too short to drink cheap beer.

Irish Joe

I was invited to a "Crappy" beer party over the memorial day weekend. The cheapest beer at the first place I went was Milwaukee's Best Ice, so I bought a six, but I knew I good do better...err..worse.

I found what I was looking for in a six pack of Camo.

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/881/2789

Hands down the worst beer out of at least 16 brands.

swill.

Iver

Ok so if I understand this correctly I did not bring any beer and get to grab a cold one from someone else's cooler.

I tend to go with the closest and say "Nice,,, thanks!"

caleb

Roughly in order of preference:

Grain Belt (w/a green olive)

Miller High Life

Molson's Canadian

Budweiser original (aka The Diesel)

I'm with Iver though that if it's summertime and someone's handing it out, I'll drink most anything.  Even the gift of light beer shouldn't be looked in the mouth.

PWZ
I will go real dirty. Natural ice. Served ice cold. Cheap and effective. The promo load of "beer"

DennisMcFeely
I don't mind Coors Light and they're seemingly at most summer BBQs and pool parties.  Unfortunately so is Miller Lite which is godawful.

Pete F

The operative word here is ICY COLD.

I'm pretty happy with beer.

Brad Adrian
Busch Light

+1 After a couple of hours of pushing a mower it tatstes just fine.

Brad Eden
If I had no choice, was dehydrated to the point of passing out and there was a .357 magnum being held to my head I'd reach for a Coors. Otherwise shoot me.