REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
steve s

Cream of the crap

mshowman

In the fall and winter I become more of a beer snob but when the weather is hot I just like them cold and coming. Here's the top shelf of our refrigerator right now. Other than the bottle of Blue Moon (even I have limits) any of these is likely to be my next victim.

beer_zpsdb529169.jpg

Blackhawk

Rolling Rock, Bud, PBR, what do you mean cheap?!

Miller High Life.

kdvollmer
I prefer to drink microbrews, and a trip to the beer store usually means a 6er of something I've never had.  Cheap stuff in the cooler to entertain, or at a party, for me Bud Light, coors light, or miller light are about as low as I go, or anybody I drink with.

Chris Raymond
It's summer time.  That means graduation parties, family reunions, 4th of July parties, etc.  Typically when you arrive at such parties you have a line of coolers chock full of icy cold, inexpensive domestic beers ready to dive into.  So, which can of pee water will you reach for first?

Youse guys actually drink beer out of cans?

trust me
Rolling Rock, Bud, PBR, what do you mean cheap?!

Miller High Life.

Bought a box of PBR on Friday and I did the mental math and found it to be about 65 cents a can.

I prefer that The High Life be out of a bottle, though.

Dan Voss

Surly..."Beer for a glass. From a can."

Rex Hoppie

Budweiser, Miller High Life, Stroh's, La Blatt, Iron City.

Is Hamm's still around?

sxsneubaum
I totally forgot about Old Style, that's just swill.

Fishnfowler
PBR, Ranier, Olympia are what I'll drink if forced to.  Generally I get Sierra Nevada Pale ale in a can which is barely better.  We drink this on river trips when glass isn't kosher.  My preferred canned beer is Longhammer.

Chris Raymond

Surly..."Beer for a glass. From a can."

That's cheating.

trust me
I totally forgot about Old Style, that's just swill.

Nonsense.  Old Style ain't half bad, tipped many of them back while sitting on the porch overlooking the lake after the dogs are fed and dinner was cooking.

valuman
Life's too short to drink cheap beer.

Bingo!

I offered Vman a Coors Light once. Do not do this. And then he'll give you a bunch of 'good' beer and before you know it you're hooked. Screws everything up.

You're welcome, Chris.   :laugh:

caleb

It's summer time.  That means graduation parties, family reunions, 4th of July parties, etc.  Typically when you arrive at such parties you have a line of coolers chock full of icy cold, inexpensive domestic beers ready to dive into.  So, which can of pee water will you reach for first?

I live in a county without a stoplight.  If I didn't drink beer from cans I'd be mighty thirsty.  That, or I'd be an expert homebrewer.

True story: last Saturday night I was at a local law enforcement party - mainly sheriff's department, but some local cops, highway patrol, and DNR guys too.  I dug the crappiest beer out of the fridge to pack along, which happened to be High Life.  When I cracked the first beer, one of the female deputies started busting my balls for drinking "fancy boy" beer - "Ooo somebody's drinking champagne tonight!  Faaannnccy!"  

Lesson learned.  Next time I'm picking up a sixer of Natty Ice en route.  Sometimes the cheapest swill is also the best option.

Briarscratch

"from the glass lined tanks of Old Latrobe..."

I grew up drinking Rolling Rock and I loved it.  Nothing said summer like a bunch of green pony bottles on ice.  Then Budweiser bought then, shut down the brewery and moved production to Newark.  I haven't bought any since.

valuman
PBR, Ranier, Olympia are what I'll drink if forced to.

I still remember the excellent TV commercials that used to air for Rainier Beer back in the 70's when I was stationed at McChord AFB.

(Driving at night. Several Rainier bottles run across the road.)

Look dear. It's a herd of Rainier.

I can't say I drank much of their beer though.