REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
steve s

Cream of the crap

Bobby
Project beer; Pabst.

Tim Frazier
I am shocked that no one has mentioned Genesee.  I actually like the straight stuff in the white cans a little better than the Cream Ale.

caleb
1. Grain Belt Premium. I always think of Minnesota as a secretly sexy place, and not just because of Kent Hrbek and Al Franken. Maybe it's all the trout and music and Lutherans. Toss in a smooth, creamy, and dreamy local budget brew like Grain Belt and it's a wonder Minnesota hasn't seceded to form its own naked blond utopia. Grain Belt Premium is America's finest cheap beer.

OutlawTorn

Being from MN, we have some regional preferences here:

-Grain Belt is probably my #1

-Mich Golden Light...I'm a little tired of this but it used to be my go-to for years and most people that visit from out of state can't get enough of it since it's not available where they live.  Apparently MN has been a "test market for this" for a long time.  You'd think they'd have gotten all the data they needed over the last 10+ years.

-Bud Heavy is #3 on my list.

-And, in a pinch even a Busch Light will do.  It makes it go down better if you say it with a French accent - "Boozsh-Lay"

But, I drink more whiskey/coke than beer so what do I know...

MAArcher

That might have been one of the best reviews of anything that I've ever read.

Don Steese

Even if you don't agree with his rankings it was worth a read for the comedy!! I clicked on the recipes for alfredo sauce and that too was very funny and the recipes sounded delish!!

Rex Hoppie

Come on,  how much English 101 essay crap can you stand?

It was garbage with nothing funny or useful said.

The funniest part to me was when he said nothing about Budweiser.

WindyHills

I would have picked Grain Belt too, but rarely buy it.  For a cheap beer, I don't think I've even had a bad Grain Belt...can't say the same for the others. That bud lime--god awful!

If I had to have a cold cheaper "lawnmower" brew though, I'd reach for a Leinies in one of their shandy versions.  Kinda partial to the lemon berry one lately. Bout as cheap as I go these days.

WhatsDaPoint
Red White & Blue in the grenade bottles. Rhinelander if I have a bowel obstruction.

Chris Raymond
That bud lime--god awful!

I'm not a fan of Bud by any means whatsoever, in fact, I'll turn it down before drinking it.  Anywho, and having said that, Bud Lime is a great accompaniment to my fish tacos with lime cilantro aeoli.  Great stuff in that situation.

trust me
Red White & Blue in the grenade bottles. Rhinelander if I have a bowel obstruction.

It's been a lot of years since i've seen the grenade bottle.  Wouldn't have guessed that they still offered them.

Pete F
I bought a 30 pack of PBR, my kids said you bought the good stuff!