REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
valuman

Baseball Thread

gundogpa
Top of the first, 2 outs, Pedroia on second, and Cards elect to pitch to Ortiz.  With 1st base open why not just walk a guy hitting like .700?  

I don't get it . . .

You have to let anyone else hurt you at this point. Bad move.......but there were several on both sides I thought. Left Wainwright in for two outs too many........should have pinch hit for Lester.....should have pinch ran for Papi.

It's better to go back to Boston up a game......but not comfortable yet.....Wacha pitches and wins and anything can happen in game 7....especially with Peavy going.

atticus
Nothing better than watching the game from grouse camp in Vermont. That was a great game!

gunsrus
We better win in six , Peavy in seven really has me worried . i guess they could pull out all the stops and bring in anyone being the last game but being down even one run could spell doom .  Both teams are struggling at the plate , the Sox setting a strikeout record for playoffs at 150 .

Dogwood

Top of the first, 2 outs, Pedroia on second, and Cards elect to pitch to Ortiz.  With 1st base open why not just walk a guy hitting like .700?  

I don't get it . . .

Off the record - I don't get why he hasn't had a ball in the ribs yet...

Cards could use a little Bob Gibson mojo right about now . . .

bigjohnsd
Boston in Six.  As Brad said, quite predictable.

I hope not.  But you never know.

Go Cards.

Three down, one to go.  Focus on the task at hand and not Peavy.  

Boston in Six!

RookieEP
Wacha time...   I'm nervous.  Up to the kid now.   Uhhh earth to cards quit pitching to big P

Brian Meckler
What papi has done this series is nothing short of amazing. I am an angels fan so for me it's just about watching some of the most incredible baseball I have seen in a long time. I really want 7 games. Go cards for the next game

erik meade

What papi has done this series is nothing short of amazing. I am an angels fan so for me it's just about watching some of the most incredible baseball I have seen in a long time. I really want 7 games. Go cards for the next game

Even if, as I hope, the Cardinals win the series you have to figure that Ortiz gets the MVP.  Unreal...

Even if, as I hope, the Cardinals win the series you have to figure that Ortiz gets the MVP.  Unreal...

He deserves it at this point. Still hoping for 7.

Virgil Kane

Hoping it goes 7 if for no other reason that if it does it will be that many LESS days to the next season. Baseball is the only sport I watch on TV and it's a long dry spell from November to spring training.

I'm pulling for the guys that have the red numbers on their jersey ! :p

Did I ever tell you I love baseball?  :love:

Virgil

Dogwood
Please Papi don't pull a Billy Buckner tonight! . . . HEX!!!   :devil:  :ghostface:

gundogpa
Please Papi don't pull a Billy Buckner tonight! . . . HEX!!!   :devil:  :ghostface:

Napoli will be at first tonight and Papi will not see any pitches to hit.

Lurch
Sitting in Logan Int'l after my first (wonderful) three days in "Bahston", trying to get out of town before the rioting begins tonight!

Dogwood

Napoli will be at first tonight and Papi will not see any pitches to hit.

Oh yeah I forgetted no DH . . . Please Napoli don't pull a  . . . !!!!

ep3

Good point Brian. The sawx is the last team in the world id like to see win, but im a die hard baseball junkie and I will watch no matter what.

Like many of you Im hoping for a game 7.......if anything just to have one more game to watch between now and april.

My gf and I are huge fans, we were at Game 1-2 of the season when the sawx came to town. Only fitting, that they are one of the last teams we will watch this season.