REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
valuman

Baseball Thread

Downwind
Jays fan here. We had a brutal start, then got things right in june, hopefully they can get it together and finish strong.

Runningdog
Jays fan here. We had a brutal start, then got things right in june, hopefully they can get it together and finish strong.

Blue Jays 0

Indians 3

Climb aboard before the wheels fall off... :D

valuman

I'm a bit ashamed of myself this morning. After the Sox dropped three straight and looked bad doing it, I gave up on them early last night when they were down 5-1 to the Mariners. I guess I missed a pretty good offensive show because they ended up hitting five home runs and winning 11-8.

Lets-Go-Red-Sox... Lets-Go-Red-Sox... Lets-Go-Red-Sox... Lets-Go-Red-Sox ...

:)

Edited typo to read, "Sox"  :blush:

ScottGrush
I'm a bit ashamed of myself this morning. After the Sex dropped three straight and looked bad doing it,

Ummmmm, this is a family friendly board.  :blush:

gunsrus
It ain't over till it's over !

gundogpa
I dislike those west coast games.....I can't stay up until midnight.

valuman
I hear you on that, Chuck. I often say I'll watch the first hour and end up staying up too late, or falling asleep in my chair. When that happens I wake up with a crick in my neck at about 2:30 and stumble to bed in hopes of getting right back to sleep.

valuman

I fell asleep in my chair with the game on last night. Fortunately it wasn't until well after David Ortiz set the new record for career hits by a designated hitter, with a double in the second inning.

Big Papi has been fun to watch, provides good clubhouse leadership to the team and is generally a class act and all round good guy. I'm happy for him.

sxsneubaum
Wow are the White Sox bad this year, just god awful to watch.

popplecop
Have heard of the White Sox, but did not realize that there was another Sox team.  Brewer fan here, I still like the game when pitchers have to participate like the other 8 players, not the sissy game with a designate swatter.  Does keep some old players in the game.

WindyHills

Big Papi has been fun to watch, provides good clubhouse leadership to the team and is generally a class act and all round good guy. I'm happy for him.

As a Twins fan, you are welcome!

Papi is one of 9 twins players who will be in the all star game this year, by the way.  

Unfortunately, only two of them were deemed affordable enough to keep around.  

The twinkies could use anyone of their last 4 center fielders who were dumped (Torii Hunter, Carlos Gomez, Denard Span, Ben Revere) about now, with their current heir apparent still flirting with the Mendoza line and incapable of hitting anything that bends a fraction of an inch on it's way to the plate.

On the rosy side though, I attended a yanks game awhile back, sitting right next to the bullpen so I could watch Mariano warm up.  You talk about a class act, that guy is sure it.  

The Twins gave him a real neat gift during the yanks last sweep at Target field.    

tumblr_mpdizzx6JG1qm9rypo1_1280.jpg

1044118_10151711177169841_729969265_n.jp

Built from sawed off bats of players like Kirby Pucket, Joe Mauer, Justin Morneau and others-- some reported to be courtesy of Mr. Rivera himself.

Virgil Kane
Wow are the White Sox bad this year, just god awful to watch.

I can't even make it though a whole game. Even turned them off when they were beating Detroit.

Chasin'Chukar
I'm a die-hard, lifelong Giants fan.  We better get our act together soon.  I like seeing the Pirates succeed, since they haven't in so long.

WindyHills

As a Twins fan, you are welcome!

Papi is one of 9 twins players who will be in the all star game this year, by the way.  (scratch that--edit needed to raise that to ten twins in the all star game with the addition of Grant Balfour today)

Unfortunately, only two of them were deemed affordable enough to keep around.  

The twinkies could use anyone of their last 4 center fielders who were dumped (Torii Hunter, Carlos Gomez, Denard Span, Ben Revere) about now, with their current heir apparent still flirting with the Mendoza line and incapable of hitting anything that bends a fraction of an inch on it's way to the plate.

On the rosy side though, I attended a yanks game awhile back, sitting right next to the bullpen so I could watch Mariano warm up.  You talk about a class act, that guy is sure it.  

The Twins gave him a real neat gift during the yanks last sweep at Target field.    

tumblr_mpdizzx6JG1qm9rypo1_1280.jpg

1044118_10151711177169841_729969265_n.jp

Built from sawed off bats of players like Kirby Pucket, Joe Mauer, Justin Morneau and others-- some reported to be courtesy of Mr. Rivera himself.

Not able to edit my original post for some reason...

Gunflint Charlie

Hamms Beer from the land of sky blue waters.

"From the land of pines, lofty balsams ...."

Yes, good sounds of summers past. And the crack of the bat is still the best of them.

Jay