valuman

Baseball Thread

valuman

Jake Peavy to the Red Sox?

:)

atticus

Reports this AM indicate the Sox have plenty of depth a SS. I hope so; I enjoyed watching Iglesias in the field.

Virgil Kane

Reports this AM indicate the Sox have plenty of depth a SS. I hope so; I enjoyed watching Iglesias in the field.

Are they moving Jake to shortstop?  ???

I know he was a bust at pitching for the White Sox but I think he'll be even worse at SS  :p

For those that have never seen Peavy  pitch listen for him swearing after me makes a bad pitch or doesn't get he call on a strike. You can pick it up from the microphones that gather the crowd noise. He drops the "F" bomb quite often and rather loud.

Not feeling bad about Jake moving on but kind of bummed out about Jesse Crain  out of the bullpen being traded. He was one of the better relief pitchers the WS had.

So do you guys think Boston can make the run to the finish? I know I'm pulling for them.

Virgil

Wet Dog
Pittsburgh Pirates now own a 1.5 game lead in the NL Central.  Go Bucs!

valuman

So do you guys think Boston can make the run to the finish? I know I'm pulling for them.

Pitching is the void right now so hopefully Peavy will will come in, catch some of the team's confidence and show us a brilliant August and September. If so, then yes. If not, we'll be pulling hard for Buchholz to heal up quickly and finish strong.

And yes, Billy, I enjoyed watching Iglesias on the left side of the infield too. He was a significant contributor with both glove and bat.

WindyHills
Pittsburgh Pirates now own a 1.5 game lead in the NL Central.  Go Bucs!

Your welcome again.  Sure am glad the two players we got for Liriano are doing so well! :(

Virgil Kane

Pitching is the void right now so hopefully Peavy will will come in, catch some of the team's confidence and show us a brilliant August and September. If so, then yes. If not, we'll be pulling hard for Buchholz to heal up quickly and finish strong.

To be honest Peavy pitched okay for the W Soxs but never got any run support. He did brake a rib pitching in a game this last year which makes me wonder about his use of performance drugs since his Tommy John surgery. When Peavy is on he's lights out for the opposing team. With the big bats that Boson has perhaps Peavy will fare better there than he did in Chicago.

Good luck to ya !

valuman
August is starting off pretty well for the Sox with two walk off wins so far this month.

atticus
I turned the game off in the 7th...that'll teach me.

Mike Krol
I turned the game off in the 7th...that'll teach me.

I did the same but on a whim I flipped back to it in the bottom of the ninth... Simply amazing. What a fun team to watch this year  :D .

vagrousehunter
My Nats have been the biggest disappointment in baseball this year.  I started worrying when they received such glowing reviews before the season started.

Steelheadfred
If Verlander could get over his contract and chubby model slump, the Tigers will be a contender, especially with the trades and Avila starting to hit a bit.

Runningdog
Lets go tribe!!!

Fire Marshal Bill
Last night's Red Sox game was ARRR-SOME! Glad I stayed up to watch it!!

valuman
The Tigers appear to be smoking hot right now. Haven't they won something like nine out of their last ten games?