Baseball Thread

This Boston - Detroit series has been really good through the first two games, just, really good pitching from both sides. I feel kind of bad for John Lackey though. He pitched really well yesterday and still took the loss.
  • Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• valuman

• gunsrus

• Virgil Kane

• Dogwood

The Reds are on a good roll. I am hopeful it will continue through the rest of the season so they can repeat as NL Central champs.
Red Sox pounding the Tigers last night was a thing of beauty! Gonna see Clay Bucholz pitch tonight against the Red Wings in my home town of Rochester, NY in what will hopefully be his last rehab start. Lots going on in the world of baseball, one of the most exciting Septembers I can recall in recent years!
Aargh! Was watching the game, Sox go up 6-4, I change channel briefly, switch back and it's 13-4. When am I going to learn!  :blush:
Red Sox pounding the Tigers last night was a thing of beauty! Gonna see Clay Bucholz pitch tonight against the Red Wings in my home town of Rochester, NY in what will hopefully be his last rehab start. Lots going on in the world of baseball, one of the most exciting Septembers I can recall in recent years!

Tigers' pitching took a holiday last night but they are a heck of a team overall.

I remember seeing Doc Gooden pitch in Lynchburg, VA's beautiful little ballpark when he was making a comeback with the Tidewater Tide. It was a beautiful afternoon and the place was packed to the gills. I hope your experience watching Bucholz is every bit as good as that was for me.

Good series with the Tigers . Sox should have swept . Lackey deserves better . How many games has he lost this year due to lack of runs support ???

Can't wait for CB's return .

The Reds just finished off the Cards to go 3-1 in the 4 game series. Now if they can do well against the Dodgers the central gets really interesting.

41 runs in three games for the sox.....two crushing defeats for the Yankees. 7.5 game lead in the division with 19 games left.

A normal fan would be comfortable........not a sox fan. Lol

41 runs in three games for the sox.....two crushing defeats for the Yankees. 7.5 game lead in the division with 19 games left.

A normal fan would be comfortable........not a sox fan. Lol

Yep... considering the historic September choke of a couple years ago, I won't breathe easy 'til they actually clinch.

I think it was legendary Red Sox announcer Curt Gowdy who pretty much captured the tortured world view of Fenway fans many, many years back.

The Sox were up something like 4-3 on the Yanks with two on and two out at the top of the 9th inning at Fenway when that familiar, eerie silence settled over the park.

'You hear that sound,' Gowdy asked his radio audience.....then he paused a good five seconds for dramatic effect. 'That's the sound of thirty-three thousand fans fretting.'

Son of a bitch.

Don't fret, Dennis. Mariano is still a class act. He didn't seem the least bit upset after blowing the save after the Sox were down to their last strike on Thursday night.