• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• valuman

• gunsrus

• Virgil Kane

• Dogwood

The Reds are playing some great baseball at the right time. I am jacked for these last few weeks.
The Sox get a pinch hit Grand Slam in the 10th to beat the Rays. If you wrote this season as a book, I'd say you were writing unrealistic fiction.
The Sox get a Grand Slam in the 10th to beat the Rays. If you wrote this season as a book, I'd say you were writing unrealistic fiction.

I am a huge fan , I did not expect much this year . To say I am amazed is an understatement . I guess the team has really gelled . Heard a story last night that 19 team members went to the third base coach's room the other night to cheer him up . Now that's a team that's got it together . Winning can make a team happy and they sure are getting along . The beard thing is hilarious . Big difference from last year .

Pitching , defense and clutch hitting seem to be the norm for every game now .

It makes me nervous to say this but they look unbeatable . Glad they're my Sox .

The Sox get a Grand Slam in the 10th to beat the Rays. If you wrote this season as a book, I'd say you were writing unrealistic fiction.

I am a huge fan , I did not expect much this year . To say I am amazed is an understatement . I guess the team has really gelled . Heard a story last night that 19 team members went to the third base coach's room the other night to cheer him up . Now that's a team that's got it together . Winning can make a team happy and they sure are getting along . The beard thing is hilarious . Big difference from last year .

Pitching , defense and clutch hitting seem to be the norm for every game now .

It makes me nervous to say this but they look unbeatable . Glad they're my Sox .

After the last couple years when I found myself not liking my own team.......it has been a wonderful summer.

The turnaround has been unbelievable. There are players I can like and root for now. Beckett and Gonzo and Crawford and not root worthy.

I don't know how far they will go but it is nice to have them back.

shoot-straight

o's fan here. i have to give credit to the sox. they look like the class of the AL for sure. nobody expected it either in the pre-season. i, like many others kept waiting for the decline to happen, but it didnt. i am really happy francona has found a new home and put cleveland in the hunt. he got a raw deal i think.

i hate the yanks of course, but it never ceases to amaze me how they manage to pull out winning seasons when everything else is going wrong. girardi is a great manager, but the best is maddon in my opinion.

on to my o's. its a shame. i really was hoping for the starting rotation of young pitchers to come into their own. our bats have cooled off and now although we still technically are in the hunt, really dont have a shot. i dont see us winning the remainer of the series we have left which includes boston and TB.

I cant remember the last time I rooted for the sawx this much !!!! It feels strange, definitely unusual, but I was elated with the result the last two nights.

The euphoria may end this weekend if they manage to AGAIN crush what little hope remains, in the Yanks sneaking into the playoffs.

Speaking of liking your team and watching it gel, while you guys were doing that, this is what I had to watch all summer :

Here are some of the position players to suit up for the Yankees in 2013: Vernon Wells, Chris Stewart, Jayson Nix, Eduardo Nunez, Austin Romine, David Adams, Zoilo Almonte, Luis Cruz, Ben Francisco, Reid Brignac, Chris Nelson, Brent Lillibridge, Alberto Gonzalez, Thomas Neal, Corban Joseph and Travis Ishikawa.

"Those 16 players had combined for 1,988 plate appearances entering Wednesday's game in Baltimore, about the playing time of three full-time players. None have provided a positive offensive contribution, Nunez being the best, and he's hittng .257 with one home run. This group had combined to hit .223 with 24 home runs and 162 RBIs and on-base percentage well south of .300.

Those totals don't even include the 73 awful plate appearances Derek Jeter made or the 63 bad ones from Mark Teixeira or the 118 from Kevin Youkilis. You get the idea. This is a Yankees team that the rest of the American League should have kicked to the curb, elbowed in the stomach and then thrown into the gutter alongside the Astros and Mariners. "

The sawx smashed the Yanks slim hopes again this weekend. However, I thought the tribute for MO was a very classy move on behalf of the organization.

Then again.....they have gotten some good licks off Mo and it was interesting how they worked those into the tribute as well.

shoot-straight

big win for the birds last night, against the best team in baseball right now. they gutted it out, despite several uncharacteristic errors. yanks lost, TB lost to the rangers.

we've got a hard road for sure, but i hope they keep fighting like that to grab that WC spot.

The O's are scrapping and have won the first two against the Sox with good pitching and timely hitting against the Sox pitching. You could just feel their determination in last nights extra innings game.

With around ten games to play it's a little surprising how much is yet to be decided regarding play off spots. The Dodgers have clinched the NL West, the Red Sox magic number to clinch the AL East is one and the Braves are at two for the NL East. The Tigers and the A's are almost a lock to win their divisions now, but the wild card races and the NL Central are all way up in the air.

The addition of a second wild card team in each league sure has made a change to these end of season races.