Baseball Thread

What a week of baseball ahead... Rangers vs Rays, winner to face the Indians, and then on to my beloved Red Sox on Friday... One of the best playoff scenarios I can remember for some time. Would love to see Terry Francona return to Fenway! Of course, this time, I am hoping he leaves dissapointed ...  :D  :D  :D  :D

Yep, yep, yep, yep & YEP!  :cool:

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• valuman

• gunsrus

• Virgil Kane

• Dogwood

Rangers  vs Tribe

Should be an excellent game!!

Winner goes on to Boston.

Virgil

What ever I was smoking it must have been good!  :p

Ray's bet the Rangers. A surprise, at least for me!

Virgil

Pittsburgh is showing the country what a great baseball town it is.  The Cueto-Cueto chats and the blackout are great compliments to a great stadium.
The Pirates put a beat down on the REDS. I am so disappointed the Reds showed no life in that game at all. To me it was a microcosm of their season. A good team that never really showed it cared enough to be more. The worst 90+ win team I've ever seen. They seemed like they didn't care or want to be there so I'm glad their going home. They didn't deserve to win. I've loved this franchise since I was 6 years old and I'd never thought I'd think that way but I did last night - and I still do this morning.

I didn't get to see much of the game, but the Reds certainly looked flat from what I did see.

I'll be pulling for Francona's Indians tonight.

The Pirates put a beat down on the REDS. I am so disappointed the Reds showed no life in that game at all. To me it was a microcosm of their season. A good team that never really showed it cared enough to be more. The worst 90+ win team I've ever seen. They seemed like they didn't care or want to be there so I'm glad their going home. They didn't deserve to win. I've loved this franchise since I was 6 years old and I'd never thought I'd think that way but I did last night - and I still do this morning.

I took my son to the game and TV doesn't do justice to how electric and loud the crowd was.  Even when the Reds threatened with guys on base, and when they finally scored a run, the crowd kept up the intensity.

You're right about the Reds lack of intensity, Votto and Phillips for sure.  By the third inning they looked like they had already given up and made mistakes on routine plays.

Glad to see the Cards series is 1-1 and they're heading back to the Burgh with a chance to clinch at home.  If the Bucs win on Sunday you can bet game 4 will be as intense as the wild card game.

David Ortiz  BOSOX Mr October . One of the best deals ever for the Red Sox .

Reminds me of Reggie Jackson . You always knew that clutch hit was coming . He made me nervous every time he came to the plate .

Rays put their best on the mound and it wasn't good enough .

There is magic in the Clubhouse .