Baseball Thread

Nice to see Lackey get the win. This season he has pitched much better than his record shows.

I couldn't believe that Tigers-A's game... when I turned it on at the bottom of the ninth it was scoreless.

It's a tough call, but I couldn't believe that intentional walk that Detroit gave to load the bases with no outs.

I think you have to pitch to Reddick there and hope for a pop up or possibly a play at the plate.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• valuman

• gunsrus

• Virgil Kane

• Dogwood

David Ortiz  BOSOX Mr October . One of the best deals ever for the Red Sox .

Reminds me of Reggie Jackson . You always knew that clutch hit was coming . He made me nervous every time he came to the plate .

Rays put their best on the mound and it wasn't good enough .

There is magic in the Clubhouse .

Yes indeed, on all counts!!!  :)

Rob, I wondered about that intentional walk as well, but you really can't fault the logic of setting up the force at home and increasing chances for a DP. In the end, it was the drawn in infield that allowed for the game winning hit anyway.

OOPS !  Back to Boston . I guess I should have expected this . The Rays are a good team and a sweep was just not in the cards . Dodgers looking good .
OOPS !  Back to Boston . I guess I should have expected this . The Rays are a good team and a sweep was just not in the cards . Dodgers looking good .

I think game 4 is tonight in Tampa. Game 5 would be back in Boston. I am not positive, though.

Ted

That was a heck of a game, although it was kind of hard to watch. It moved very slowly an there didn't seem to be the usual positive energy coming from the Sox.

Both AL games were good ones last night, with Detroit forcing game five, back in Oakland, and the Red Sox defeating a gritty, stubborn, and very well managed Rays team to move on to the ALCS, with game one in Boston on Saturday.

You've just got to love October baseball.  :D

I gotta root for the Cards until they are eliminated.  Matt Adams started is LL career on the country ball field a few blocks from my house.  His grandmother still lives in town; when Matt first made the majors a couple years ago, he had some prototype bobble head dolls made up with one going to his grandmother.  She donated it to the fire company for  the raffle at the annual carnival, and my g-kids were luck enough to win it.  My neighbor who grew up with Matt is now in possession of the bobble head as it has more value to him.

If the Cards are eliminated tonight, I'll be rooting for the Bucs, as I've seen many of them play AA ball in Altoona.

Cards win , advancin' on!

GO CARDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Adam Wainwright had it all working tonight! A complete playoff game win for the Cards. Can't be many of those. Think Dizzy Dean had 2 for the Cards, I dunno for sure, but there can't be many more.

That Matt Adams homer was a for sure, no doubt about dinger as soon as he hit it. GONE!! I was yelling.

Maahvelous! Go Cards!!

Hat tip to the Bucos; they did well this year. Got some real good guys on that team.

Adam Wainwright had it all working tonight! A complete playoff game win for the Cards. Can't be many of those. Think Dizzy Dean had 2 for the Cards, I dunno for sure, but there can't be many more.

I think Gibson had 8 complete World Series games for the Cardinals. In 1967 he won games 1, 4 and 7 no relief needed.