Baseball Thread

Great year for the buccos.  Although I wish they were still playing, I'm extremely satisfied with the results this season.  Good luck to the Cards.
  • Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• valuman

• gunsrus

• Virgil Kane

• Dogwood

Verlander was amazing last night. The ALCS promises to provide some excitement based on the records of the two teams, Tigers went 4 & 3 against the Sox in the regular season. I'm glad the Sox have the home field advantage, they may need it the way the Tigers looked last night.
Cardinals up 2-0 against the Dodgers... How cool is that? Starting to hate the Dodgers nearly as much as I do the Yankees. My BoSox have a bit of work to do against the Tigers, Detroit having some awesome pitching... My Dad says we should be just delighted to see the Sox make the ALCS, since they were predicted to be near the bottom of the AL East... But brother, I am looking forward to this Detroit matchup!
Go Tabbies!  Combined one hitter, who'd a thunk it. BTW  I guess there's no longer any superstition in broadcasting to say "no-hitter" before the final out.  Joe Buck and Fox went on and on about it.  D*ckheads.

I thought that Sanchez didn't have his good stuff last night but he proved me wrong. Go Tigers!

Virgil

I don't like the looks of this, staring at 5-0 through 5-1/3 in Game 2...

Au contraire capitan!  A thing of utter beauty!

I don't like the looks of this, staring at 5-0 through 5-1/3 in Game 2...

Au contraire capitan!  A thing of utter beauty!

Yes indeed. I am SOOOO glad I didn't go to bed!!!

Papi- Papi- Papi- Papi

Go Sox!!!

Wow is that guy clutch.

And Salty delivers the game winner.

All evened up now heading to Detroit!

Jim Leyland got a little too cute, as he at times is prone to do, with his bullpen and paid the price.  Props to Papi, it's what he's paid to do.

Should have had whiff-king Austin Jackson bunt in the top of the ninth and maybe steal second; another Leyland brain fart.

Back to Dee-troit with a split and JV Tuesday.  Should be a real barn- . . . er crackhouse burner!

With one swing of the bat Big Papi evened the game and the series.  Detroit may well not be able to overcome the demoralizing effects.  Boston in six?

I can't believe I went to bed.....

Ditto dat  :(  :( ... But it sure brought a smile to my face when I woke up this morning  :D  :D!