Baseball Thread

The Sox have only 3 hits in 2 games. Amazing! Last night though, they made them count. If Ortiz, Pedroia and Salty have awakened the Sox hitters it may be all over for Detroit.

A Terrific Game. Scherzer did well, but could only go 6 innings. "I was done, Write that down."

---------------------------------------------------------

With a 5-1 lead and six outs to go, the Tigers shouldn't have been done. But the four relievers Leyland called on couldn't even get three outs before Ortiz changed the game.

And maybe the series.

It's not done. The Red Sox aren't done.

Not even close.

FoxSports Detroit

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• valuman

• gunsrus

• Virgil Kane

• Dogwood

Great day for Boston Fans , if you had Cable  :angry:  :down:  Pats pull out a win with 5 seconds . BoSox too , yahoo .

Back to Cable , It died , on and off all day . A call said it's somewhere outside . Frustrating to say the least . I wake up to see the Sox won in dramatic fashion . Papi again , Mr clutch !! .

I'm still nervous , where's the bats ? I am impressed with Detroit's starters . I am looking forward to it all . National League , you got nothing ! :D

I thought Tigers would lose to the A's and predicted A BoSox world championship.  :(

But! My Tigers have shown some life I hope the series remains competitive.

With one swing of the bat Big Papi evened the game and the series.  Detroit may well not be able to overcome the demoralizing effects.  Boston in six?

Doubtful; in a series momentum, either good or bad, never carries over from one game to the next.

With one swing of the bat Big Papi evened the game and the series.  Detroit may well not be able to overcome the demoralizing effects.  Boston in six?

Doubtful; in a series momentum, either good or bad, never carries over from one game to the next.

LOL.....easy to say when you have Verlander going in your next game.

LOL.....easy to say when you have Verlander going in your next game.

That's the old saying.....you're only as good as tomorrow's starting pitcher.

I'm getting nervous . 6 strikeouts , third inning . What has Detroit been feeding those pitchers ??
Sox win , OK , I'm toast . Don't think I can handle another pitching duel . Where's the hits ?

What a great series this has been so far. The two most productive offenses in baseball are playing games like this with the low scoring pitchers' duels ruling.

On a separate note, who do you find more annoying, McCarver or Buck?

:p

I thought the game was on this evening....

You gotta be kidding me... This one I didn't miss!

Back in 2004 I was watching game 4 of the ALCS at my buddies camp... Sox were down in the 7th, having gotten hammered in the prior three games by the dreaded Yankees... I couldn't take any more pain, and went to bed. Back then cell reception sucked in my bird camp, and I was headed back to work the next day when I heard there would be a game five, and I had missed arguably one of the greatest comebacks in baseball history... I still have yet to see the end of that Game 4, but I'm gonna buy the DVD's just to relive that moment.

On to today, awesome, awesome performance by Lackey... At a minimum, there will be another game at Fenway... Go Sawx!!!