• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• valuman

• gunsrus

• Virgil Kane

• Dogwood

Happy for the Cards . Glad it's not going to be the ''fried chicken guys'' . Boston better win tonight , I'm not confident facing Verlander in 7 .

Dee-troit needs to score a few runs early against Bucholz as they've struggled all year when in need of late game runs.

Boston needs to go up hacking against Scherzer 'cuz he's gonna throw hard strikes from the get go.  Papi and that I-talian fella can ding one or two.

Forecast looks good and the Joint is gonna be rockin'!

Come on Tabbies!

Congratulations to the Cardinals, that's one heck of an organization with an incredible record of winning over its history.

I sure hope the Sox are able to wrap up the pennant tonight at Fenway, but based upon what I've seen thus far, the Tigers are not going quietly. It sure looks like either of these AL teams would be tough on the Cards.

Happy for the Cards . Glad it's not going to be the ''fried chicken guys'' . Boston better win tonight , I'm not confident facing Verlander in 7 .

yepper... like playing Russian roulette with 2 bullets in the gun.... :D

Hats of to Detroit , can't say i've ever seen a team in a Championship series with better starting pitchers . Think of it , 2 pitches , 2 grand slams , could have been a different outcome . Both teams struggled at the plate .

Another plus to Ben Cherrington who took over when Theo left . He orchestrated the ''chicken'' trade , freed up some major money , brought in players who love the game and returned Farell to the dugout .

Looking forward to the Cards .

x2 on respect and props to the Tigers, their team is strong, with a ton of heart. It came down to the bullpens and there, the Sox had the advantage.

Props to the Sox.  Truly the better team (bullpen, speed, clutch hitting, base running) won.

Gonna be a great Series. Hopefully some decent weather holds (ought to be playing the Series in September IMO) and if so I gotta go with the Cards in 6, maybe 7, just by a whisker, I think.

I've really felt through this Tigers/Sox series that Detroit was a better overall team, at least on paper, but Im not a stats guy so could be full of it. The Sox just have that team comradery, that intangible connection, that blue collar tarnish and really seem to have fun playing ball. After that joke Valentine, Farrell is the right guy at the right time.

The Tigers are an outstanding team with blistering pitching and a class act, old-school manager.

If Cabrera had been 100 percent it could have tipped the scales...I think the two teams were that close as far as talent, heart and soul.

Us Sox fans are so fortunate that Farrell took over as skipper.

Along the lines of what Brad and others said, Farrell helped right the team after last season's disaster.

You hear all the time how managers don't play a big role in a team's fortunes. But an egotistical, tone-deaf one like Valentine sure could torpedo a team... whereas Farrell's low-key, professional, steady hand and head gives everyone a rallying point.

-Rob J.