Baseball Thread

Farrell and Leyland are so similar in style it's spooky, particularly with regards to pitching changes   :)  :(  :O  suspect.gif
  • Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• valuman

• gunsrus

• Virgil Kane

• Dogwood

Cards took a beating!  :down:

Guess the beards really do make a difference  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Nice call at second base  Demuth  suspect.gif

Virgil

Wow, comedy of errors for the Cards. Nerves I guess. Sox jumped all over it.

Beltran really whacked that wall in right stealing a grand slam from Pappy. Haven't checked but is he out for series?

I am seeing that short fence being raised next year, too many players getting maimed.

Sounds like Beltran is day-to-day.

You hate to see that.

I would have to agree with Brad, they might consider raising that wall a few feet. I'm all about home-field advantage and everything, but you don't want to see guys get hurt... and opposing teams are unfamiliar with that wall.

Of course, then there's places like Wrigley, with its ivy-covered walls, which are no picnic for visiting teams either, I'm sure.

Anyway, good to see the Sox salted away that Game 1 win.

Rob

I'm not scared.  

figured the best we would do was split in Boston anyway.  

I'm also not surprised that Kozma would bumble that double play chance.   As someone who grew up watching Ozzy - having Kozma in the shortstop spot has been hard.  I figured he would have been traded by now.  

If the Cards lose tonight, then I'll be nervous.

I'm not scared.  

figured the best we would do was split in Boston anyway.  

I'm also not surprised that Kozma would bumble that double play chance.   As someone who grew up watching Ozzy - having Kozma in the shortstop spot has been hard.  I figured he would have been traded by now.  

If the Cards lose tonight, then I'll be nervous.

Si SI

:down:

The low wall did not jump out and hit Beltran.....he ran into it.....on purpose......by choice. He did not have to do that.

The Cubs are always interested in players of lesser talent.  :laugh:   :laugh:  :laugh:

Let's go Cards !!!

Virgil

Anyone think Lester was doctoring up the ball?

ESPN

Looks suspicious but I can't believe anyone would even try these days with all the camera angles and hi-def.

Kozma had a rough game - in fact, poor numbers all year.  I'd rather see Theriot back in that position.
They'll never raise that wall . That's Fenway . Besides , how would the guys in the bullpen see the game ? :laugh:

As I recall Cards got whacked pretty well by LA in the first game of the NLCS then came back game 2 and put a whoopin' on 'em.

Look out RS Nation!