• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• valuman

• gunsrus

• Virgil Kane

• Dogwood

Brian Meckler

Jim Joyce at the center again!  He's the guy with the blown perfect game call!

I do think Craig was going to score on the overthrow though.  Tell me, what's wrong with the Sox manager?  You pull your best SS and pinch hit for him then move a guy to SS who has never played at the big league level at SS then you let your pitcher take his first ever MLB at bat while Napoli sits.  Talk about asleep at the wheel.

I do think Craig was going to score on the overthrow though.  Tell me, what's wrong with the Sox manager?  You pull your best SS and pinch hit for him then move a guy to SS who has never played at the big league level at SS then you let your pitcher take his first ever MLB at bat while Napoli sits.  Talk about asleep at the wheel.

Yup  :down:  :down:

What a wild ending!  I know it don't matter but the 3rd baseman was totally trying to trip Craig up. Go Cards! 2 games to go.

you let your pitcher take his first ever MLB at bat while Napoli sits.....

That was (and still is) a head scratcher.

Yup  :down:  :down:

...and yup again.

Also, Will Middlebrooks seems to be a bit blinded by the bright lights of the big stage. He should have been ready for the throw from Salty and while it would have been a great play, he should also have been able to at least knock down the ball that went for a two run double.

Middlebrook did the right thing when he raised his legs to interfere.  Maybe it gets called maybe not.  He saw the past ball situation and knew the run would score otherwise.

Cards had to win last night to take the series to seven games.  Sox need to win tonight to win the series.

The thing that cracks me up is that the same Sox fans that are crying so loudly that the call was bad (which the umps clearly got right) would be the ones calling for the head of the Cards third baseman if the roles were reversed.

Just imagine it: Freese trips up Big Papi as he is heading for home with the winning run in the bottom of the 9th at Fenway.....

I'm sure the responses would be the same. RIIIIGHT

The thing that cracks me up is that the same Sox fans that are crying so loudly that the call was bad (which the umps clearly got right) would be the ones calling for the head of the Cards third baseman if the roles were reversed.

Just imagine it: Freese trips up Big Papi as he is heading for home with the winning run in the bottom of the 9th at Fenway.....

Who are these Sox fans who are crying loudly? I've not heard anyone say the call was incorrect. It was the right call, it's just a bummer of a way for such a great game to end and in my opinion, a poor play by Milddlebrooks to let the throw from home get by him.

Who you listening to ????

I'm puzzled why they had Molina running on contact anyway?  I mean I guess it worked out, but he is not exactly a (ahem) speedster on the bases.  

Maybe with only one out they thought that was a prudent risk?

Are you effing kidding me??? Boooolshit!!!! I can't believe this chit.

Exhibit A

Check Twitter for exhibits b,c,d,e,f,g,h,i,j,k,l,m,n,o,p,q,r,s,t,u,v,w,x,y,z..... etc.