Baseball Thread

Unfortunately I wasn't able to watch last night's game, but the final score was 2-1, Toronto. I think the Sox had more hits, but left guys on base.

yup

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• valuman

• gunsrus

• Virgil Kane

• Dogwood

If he walks away , that frees up huge money that the NY Yankees could use to replace him . They won't admit it but they want him to go . They know without PED's he's just a below avg player . As disappointed as I was when we lost what I thought was a sure thing bringing him to Boston , I sure am glad now .

I didn't notice this thread until now, so sorry for jumping in late to this party. Of all the sports I played, I enjoyed baseball the most, although it was also the one I had the least success in.

I grew up listening to the "scooter" do yankee games.

I can recall a time when the yanks didn't get a post season birth for 14 years.

The strike in 95 cost the game dearly. I know people in Montreal ,who never watched baseball much after that.

The expos had the best record in the league that year and I think had the likes of Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez and Larry Walker on their roster.

Anyway, I digress. Arod should do his time. Just like the others on the list. However, Im not certain that he should get 150 more games than Braun ?!

In light of that I don't think its unfair or unjust that he's challenging the suspension. Some folks here openly believe that the Yanks put pressure on Selig to give him a lengthy suspension, so they can rid themselves of the contract.

I also don't think its unfair that he's playing now, since Braun, Peralta , Cruz helped their teams so far by playing more than half of the season.

As far as him being an avg player with out juice, I don't buy that. Roids don't make you a slick fielding short stop or make contact with the ball and spray it to all fields. It most certainly helped his power, but I still think with out the juice he would have still been on par with Derek and Nomah.

Barry Bonds was a HOF before the juice. The speed,defense, avg and some pop was already there.

Then he added the juice and the power exploded.

Just like Arod he didn't need to do it. He was already a sure fire HOF. When asked why he did it , he responded by saying that, " because Im better than Sosa or McGwire".

I dislike Barry, but I cant argue with that logic.

He was better than both before they all did steroids.

Im just glad guys like Derek and Ken Griffey Jr, never felt the pressure to go the wrong way.

Carry on, sorry for the long winded post.

I see where Lackey is stirring the pot already for this weekends series at Fenway , by saying he doesn't want to pitch to aroid.

Again, should pitchers be upset that Nelson Cruz and Peralta and Braun took them deep this season ? Ofcourse , they should, but not sure what else MLB can do.

Should they also strip Braun of the MVP he got in 2011 ?

As far as the sawx are concerned, aside from the great season they are having, Im anxiously waiting for their top prospect in Xander Bogaerts to be called up.

He could be another Nomah, and this is the reason it was less painful to part with Iglesias. I shutter to think how much better they would be if Middlebrooks hadn't struggled this season.

The Reds are beating up on bottom dwellers and are closing in one the Pirates/Cards. This next month or so is going to be fun.

Gonna be a long night at Fenway, Dempster just plunked A-Rod, top of 2nd inning. Girardi ejected. Benches clear.

More fun to come!

Meanwhile, Red Sox roughed up Sabbathia in first inning!  :p

Stay tuned!

Gonna be a long night at Fenway, Dempster just plunked A-Rod, top of 2nd inning. Girardi ejected. Benches clear.

More fun to come!

Stay tuned!

I hope every team in MLB throws at A-Rod.

More fun to come!

Stay tuned!

I hope every team in MLB throws at A-Rod.

Ditto dat... Lots of talk on the Red Sox boards dumping on Dempster, I for one felt pretty good about what he did. If you love baseball, it's hard to have any sympathy for A-Rod, or the Yankees for playing him.

Of course, as a Sox fan, I never have had any love lost for the Yankees to begin with  :D .

While it was satisfying to see A-Rod get drilled, I think in the end it fired up the Yankees and gave them something to rally around for the win.

Boston has barely been playing 500 ball for the past couple weeks.

They're just a single game up on the Rays now.

And they're heading out on a West Coast trip against the Giants and red-hot Dodgers. Then they come back home to host the O's, who have been tough to crack in the last couple years.

So from here on out the Sox should just forget about sending messages and instead string together some wins.

Let A-Rod implode on his own... he was doing a wonderful job of it with absolutely no one's assistance 'til now.

Rob

The Yankee's played the W Sox the first day of the announced suspensions a week or so ago. I forgot who was pitching for the W Sox but A-rods first at bat, first pitch got some chin music. If A-rod didn't have some fast reflexes he would have caught that pitch in the coconut!

Let the botton dwellers like the W Sox dill A-rod. The others in contention should be concentrating on winning, not sending a message. JMHO.

As far as Dempster, when he pitched for the Cubs he was a no nonsense type of guy. I could see him doing that. Good for him!

Virgil

As far as Dempster, when he pitched for the Cubs he was a no nonsense type of guy. I could see him doing that. Good for him!

Virgil

Bush league.

It's being reported now that Dempster did it as result of off the field stuff. That's a bunch of crap and cost his team the game I was happy to see.

Virgil

Bush league.

It's being reported now that Dempster did it as result of off the field stuff. That's a bunch of crap and cost his team the game I was happy to see.

That use to be a big part of the game that I grew up with. Don't know if you remember the W Sox game that Thome got drilled next time up after hitting a home run. Ozzie ordered his pitcher to drill the first batter up the next inning. The W Sox pitcher refued and pitched to the batter instead. Ozzie pulled him (forgot his name) and was sent packing in a trade shortly after.

I don't know about Dempster and off field stuff but I can see the resentment in a lot of players.

When I played AA ball getting drilled was called paying the dues.

Bush league to me is something like the Pete Rose Ray Fosse collision that there was no call for.

But that's what keeps the game interesting, we see the same thing yet interpret it differently.  :)

Virgil

While it was satisfying to see A-Rod get drilled, I think in the end it fired up the Yankees and gave them something to rally around for the win.

Boston has barely been playing 500 ball for the past couple weeks.

They're just a single game up on the Rays now.

And they're heading out on a West Coast trip against the Giants and red-hot Dodgers. Then they come back home to host the O's, who have been tough to crack in the last couple years.

So from here on out the Sox should just forget about sending messages and instead string together some wins.

Let A-Rod implode on his own... he was doing a wonderful job of it with absolutely no one's assistance 'til now.

Rob

I can't disagree with any of this, Rob. But it still wouldn't hurt my feeling to see the ass, A-Roid get drilled some more.

It's awesome that the players are fed up and done with guys who cheat by using banned substances and the fact that A-Roid is the ONLY one of this recent bunch to appeal and play even though it's clear to all involved that he's guilty as charged is what earns him the contempt of his union brothers. Other teams are making their push for a playoff spot without those players who were caught while the Yankees are getting his production as they move into the stretch. Drill away.

I hope every pitcher drills A Rod. He's an arrogant *****. If he played hockey he'd get beat senseless by the other teams enforcer every night for his attitude and disrespect for baseball.

When I see Fosse's name I can't help but think of a famous Rose quote about their collision. It was something to the extent of "I didn't know baseball turned into girls softball once you round third base."

Virgil

Bush league.

Thank you Scott,

I couldn't agree more. btw please check your pms.

Im not an AROD apologist. However, Im curious,do you all feel this strongly about other cheaters or is it just him ?

If you want to see him drilled, why stop there ???

Drill BRAUN, the LYING CHEAT, that stole the MVP from Matt Kemp two years ago. Ditto for Nelson Cruz, Peralta,

Manny Ramirez, Melky Cabrera and the other cheaters.

As fars the Yanks playing him, they DID ALL THET COULD TO PREVENT him from ever playing again. If your not aware of that , then your not following whats going on.

7 more sawx yanks games.....Boston better not slip up now that the yanks are finally getting their players back.......

Yep feel the same about all of them. Didn't feel bad when Ron Santo got beaned back in the mid 60's either. Santo's arogant actions and bitter tounge got him a ball in the face fracturing his orbital on the left side. After that he tried coming off as a nice guy but the damage was done. Ever wonder why Santo never made the HOF while he was alive? Those that really knew him understood why and deep down inside Santo did too. Every action there is an equal and opposite reaction, basic physics

Sorry but I'm  hater! Hate A-rod, hate Sosa, hate McGuire and hate most if not all listed players that cheated.

Having played AA ball I know first hand how hard it is to make the bigs and at least when I played for $40 a week the sacrifices made by most all that were trying. I think the outspokenness of the players in the last few weeks pretty much says how I feel too. Screw the cheaters!

And yes I'm aware of what the Yankee's tried to do. DUH

Virgil