Baseball Thread

Virgil, I feel the same way about all the cheaters.

Arod is a polarizing figure for a lot of reasons,but throwing behind him and at him in the same at bat ? That is a bit over the top.

Playing AA ball is a great accomplishment and I love watching players at this level.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• valuman

• gunsrus

• Virgil Kane

• Dogwood

And yes I'm aware of what the Yankee's tried to do. DUH

Yea, really.  :glare:

To me the others are cheaters and deserve the suspensions they got. They at least showed a bit of honor in admitting defeat, accepting their suspensions and moving on. A-Rod is giving the finger to the game, the fans and all of the players, including the ones who are sitting out their suspensions. That's a big deal to me and apparently to the players as well.

Jerry Remmy said he had never heard the Boston fans boo as loudly as they did when A-Rod came to bat for the first time in this most recent series. I guess they feel similarly to me.

Those same fans cheered Mariano Rivera when he came in to close out game two of that series. I add that only to demonstrate that the Boston fans understand who's who and will honor a player who deserves honor, even if they've played their entire career for an archrival team.

DennisMcFeely
They at least showed a bit of honor in admitting defeat, accepting their suspensions

I don't think there's a shred of honor simply cost/benefit analyses and calculations based on balancing contract dollars vs. public perception.

ARod is an *******.

DennisMcFeely

Kings of PEDs IMO:

1.Armstrong

2.Braun

3.ARod

Plenty of others but of the recent crop the first two stepped on some folks' lives and livelihoods pretty badly in the course of their denials.  ARod is a fake, plastic liar and coward.

Virgil, I feel the same way about all the cheaters.

Arod is a polarizing figure for a lot of reasons,but throwing behind him and at him in the same at bat ? That is a bit over the top.

Playing AA ball is a great accomplishment and I love watching players at this level.

I was watching the replays of Dempster and A-rod,ESPN kept playing it over and over. Looks like Dempster gave him a warning shot.  :D

So that we're on the same page, I can understand you feelings about this and think it's great that we can have a discussion about these things. I personally don't like people that take advantage of the situation, same as nepotism. I don't feel that someone's fathers name and skills should be a free ticket to the bigs but that happens all the time too but doesn't make it right.

Here's to the boys of September ! Whatever teams are playing I hope they are exciting games !

IMHO the greatest game ever  :)

Virgil

Well Said Virgil. I'll watch regardless that both of the local teams wont be in it.

Arod is exactly what mcFeely said he is but this douche may be even worse......

"When the Milwaukee Brewers' Ryan Braun accepted his 65-game suspension in an agreement under the drug-testing agreement, there was a strong, angry reaction from other players.

Some of that may be because of phone calls Braun made in the days leading up to the decision of his appeal, in February 2012.

According to sources, Braun called veteran players around baseball privately at that time to lobby for their support. In the calls -- confirmed by three sources -- Braun told other players that in the preparation for his appeal, some information had become known about the collector of his urine sample, Dino Laurenzi Jr., including that he was a Cubs fan -- with the implication he might work against Braun, who played for a division rival of the Cubs.

Braun, who is Jewish, also told the players that he had been told the collector was an anti-Semite.

The sources indicate that when Braun made his pleas for support to other players, he did so in anticipation of the possibility that he would lose his appeal. Instead, Braun became the first player to win an appeal.

On Monday, Yahoo! Sports reported that Rockies shortstop Troy Tulowitzki, Reds star Joey Votto and Dodgers slugger Matt Kemp -- the player whom Braun narrowly beat out for the 2011 NL MVP award -- were among the players Braun reached out to in search of support."

• 2 weeks later...

With fewer than thirty games to play, there's quite a bit of excitement in some of the divisions.

AL East- Boston has only a 3.5 game lead on the Rays, who refuse to fade away and the Yankees are showing signs of a late push.

AL Central- The Tigers have a pretty comfortable 7.5 game lead on the 2nd place Indians, but Cabrera is out for now with an injury, so that may make things more interesting there.

AL West- The Rangers are playing good baseball but only have a 2 game lead over the A's.

At this point, the only excitement in the NL is in the central division where the Pirates moved into a first place tie with the Cards when they beat them last night and the Reds are only 3.5 games back. The other two division races are all but over with double digit leads for the Dodgers (10.5) and the Braves (14.5).

The wildcard teams as of today would be the A's and the Rays for the AL and either the Cards or Bucs, depending on how that shakes out and the Reds for the NL. I'm not a baseball historian but I'm pretty sure we've never had three teams from the same division in the playoffs before.

Any predictions for how the regular season will wrap up?

Watched the W Sox vs. R Sox last night, what's up with all the beards? It's like watching Duck Dynasty.  :D  

Jake Peavy against John Danks today. Should be another good game. Adam Dunn has been running his mouth about batting against Peavy saying he can't wait to hit him hard. If Dunn does his usual he's strike out at least twice today, Peavy is to good a pitcher to throw Dunn anything hittable. A better matchup would have been Peavy/Sale but that wasn't in the cards.

I think Boston will hole out to take the east while Detroit is doing it's usual late season downslide. If the Tigers manage to hold on I think they will be out the first round of the playoffs

I would like to see the Rangers hold on but I'm doubting that will happen. It would be nice to see A J Pierzinski get another ring, time will tell in the west.

Don't know about the NL but it's a tough pill to swallow seeing the Cubs finish with a better season that the W Sox. To the Cub's fans around here it's almost as good as winning the World Series beating the W Sox record.  ???

Virgil

Justin Morneau to the Pirates? Wow!

Morneau Trade Article

You haven't been paying attention to my posts if that surprises you.  At the first hint of any issue, the twinkies dump their high priced talent for much cheaper players.  The rebuilding never ends, nor does the annual all-star game and postseason rosters full of former twins. Those of you who support teams that can toss the big bucks around at will, enjoy!

ep3:According to sources, Braun called veteran players around baseball privately at that time to lobby for their support. In the calls -- confirmed by three sources -- Braun told other players that in the preparation for his appeal, some information had become known about the collector of his urine sample, Dino Laurenzi Jr., including that he was a Cubs fan -- with the implication he might work against Braun, who played for a division rival of the Cubs.

If true, Braun is moving right up next to A Lie for Jerk of the Year.

The Bucs have been looking great against my Cards who seem to have forgotten how to hit the little round white thing.

The Bucs organization deserves a boat load of credit for how they have gotten the team prepared to win this year.

As for the AL, go Rangers, go! As AJ ( thanks White Sox) said of Darvish: Strikeouts are great, but the biggest thing is we've got to win the game," A.J. Pierzynski said. "We didn't score enough runs tonight to win the game. Yu threw the ball great. He made two mistakes and it cost him."

The Rangers have, still. one of the top offensive line ups in baseball. They are also having trouble hitting the round white thing when Darvish is pitching. He ought to have 4 or 5 more wins. We are getting FRUSTRATED.

Come on guys!!!

Hey Quailguy, I'm an AJ fan !!!

He might not say what people want to hear but he speaks the truth. Gota love him for that.

Still can't believe the W Sox let him go. IMHO that was the downfall of the W Sox this year and why they are doing so poorly. AJ always has his head in the game and in doing so keeps everybody else on their toes.

Virgil