REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Tiger MT's Carter

What Ya Cookin Today??

PartridgeCartridge

Fresh lobster macaroni and cheese.

The ultimate comfort food jam packed with about 3 lbs of butter soaked fresh lobster chunks.

It does not suck, trust me.

Ben Hong

Our veg stands are chock-a-block with farm produce these past 3 weeks. I picked up a few fresh brats from my German neighbour and a few field tomatoes and some sweet yellow corn from a veg. stand. Dessert was a simple raspberry shortcake with real whipped cream.

I did not need to eat the brats, because I pigged out on the veggies. This time of year I could very easily be vegetarian.

12ette

Today was at MIL's place.  Tomorrow when they get back from PGA Championship, beef plate (skirt).  

Simple marinade and the on a flat iron at 1100deg really quick.   Corn, squash (yellow) and salsa of golden beets.

Tiger MT's Carter

The ultimate comfort food jam packed with about 3 lbs of butter soaked fresh lobster chunks.

Unreal, that sounds fantastic.

North Dakota Hntr

Unreal, that sounds fantastic.

Yep!!!

Craig

Rex Hoppie

Today, tomato and mayonaise sandwiches.

Lobster would be nice but I don't qualify for food stamps..

Hub

Fresh Salsa Verde:

6 tomatillos husked and rinsed

2 jalapenos

2 cloves of garlic peeled

1/4 cup yellow onion

1 pinch of salt

Blister the tomatillos, jalapenos, and garlic on the grill.  Blend them lightly in a blender (adding a 1/4 cup over water if necessary).  Add the yellow onion and salt and mix lightly (I like a little chunk and don't blend the onions)

5 pound pork butt

2 tbsp Chili Powder

1 tbsp ground black peppar

2 tsp garlic powder

2 tsp marjoram

2 tsp oregano

2 tsp salt

2 tsp cumin

Cook indirect med-low (250-275) on a charcoal grill using soaked hickory chunks for smoke for the first 3 hours.  I look for a internal temp of 185 and it normally takes 6-8 hours).

Let the pork butt cool, then shred and combine with the salsa verde in a slow cooker before serving.

I made the salsa verde yesterday, smoked the pork butt last night while I watched the new episode of Breaking Bad, and will be hogging down some burritos after my sons swim class tonight.

Wingman
Took my 12-year-old fishing Saturday at a Kid's Fishing Event at a WMA. He caught a 4 or 5 pound channel cat. Went full Bubba on the breading and peanut oil for supper.

Rex Hoppie
How do you shred the pork?

Hub

If I am anxious and want to have it shredded within 20 minutes of pulling it off the grill I use two forks and pull opposite ways.  If it was cooked to 185 it comes apart with minimal effort.  If I am willing to wait until it's cooled enough it's much easier to do by just pulling it apart by hand.

12ette

Hub,

When ya have the time let it rest wrapped 2x in foil and a beach towel in a cooler for 6hrs.  It will fall apart and be juicy.

UplandKS

If I am anxious and want to have it shredded within 20 minutes of pulling it off the grill I use two forks and pull opposite ways.  If it was cooked to 185 it comes apart with minimal effort.  If I am willing to wait until it's cooled enough it's much easier to do by just pulling it apart by hand.

I wrap mine after about 3 hours and cook until 200-205*.

Let rest a while and get some of these

They turn this

20130628_171924.jpg

into this

20130629_000329.jpg

12ette

Pastrami  

Before

25E73A31-612D-4456-99C9-CAA1FB984779-153

After

426D5F60-1DC2-4061-A64E-3981CCEB2C9D-153

Tiger MT's Carter

Some really good things getting posted.

We are grilling beef filets and shrimp scampi tonight.

I hope Josh starts posting more of what he has planned.

Tiger MT's Carter
This afternoon we are going to try fixing Chili Rellenos. We are going to stuff them with seasoned ground beef and cheese. We are fixing Spanish rice and refried beans topped with cheese also. This is a first time fixing for us.