REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Tiger MT's Carter

What Ya Cookin Today??

charlo slim

This --

IMG_0410_zpsab3c7f47.jpg

Six silver salmon.  Fileted, stripped, 10 minutes in supersaturated brine, 48 hours in cold alder smoke, sectioned 3 3/4" length, 100 minutes @ 10 psi in wide-mouth pint jars.

And this -

552708_562497193814828_1336309768_n_zps9

Fileted, sectioned 3/4" thick, dipped in olive oil, then dredged in 50/50 mix of Italian bread crumbs and parmesan cheese, then 10 minutes on cookie sheet @ 500f.

charlo slim

Oops, forgot about this

IMG_0412_zps6159e34d.jpg

Silver filets, grilled for lunches (and breakfasts and dinners) on the ride back to MT.  That is ALOT of salmon sammiches... but 2500 miles and 55 hours, near straight through, is a lot of trip as well.

Jazz4Brazo

That looks awesome and sounds tasty!!!

Today I smoke my first home cured pork belly...tomorrow is bacon day...hoping for the best!!

charlo slim
That looks awesome and sounds tasty!!!

Today I smoke my first home cured pork belly...tomorrow is bacon day...hoping for the best!!

Good luck with it, bet it turns out great.  

The above caper was my first experience with cold smoking.  Seemed a bit strange somehow....  48 hours without refrigeration or significant heat just seems a bit spooky.  Can't complain about the outcome though.

Don't lift too much pork belly!  :ghostface:

Ben Hong
We have been eating a lot of meat and rich stuff lately, so a seafood chowdah seems like a good change. I cleaned out the fridge and freezer and put a bunch of protein together - squid, scallops, salmon, haddock, shrimp and a can of baby clams; potatoes, condensed milk, onions, etc. etc. (wiping off the keyboard as a I type). :laugh:

decoyseye
Today will be venison sirloin spice rubbed and injected with seasoned butter grilled whole and sliced when medium rare.  Zucchini pizza on the grill, grilled halved potatoes marinated in an aioli sauce.  And fresh salsa from the garden veg.

Yukon1

We have been eating a lot of meat and rich stuff lately, so a seafood chowdah seems like a good change.

My wife and I had this same conversation this morning, so tonight supper will consist of either haddock or sole with roasted veggies on the Kamado Joe.

Tiger MT's Carter
Tri-Tip on the grill this evening.

12ette

Fried chicken.  I LOVE fried chicken.  

Soaked in butter milk for 4 days, seasoned and dredged let to rest 1 day fried in (yup honest cooking here) lard.   Mmmmmmmm. Mmmmmmm.   Cucumber salad and corn to round it off.  

FYI to reheat cold fried chicken, use the convection setting at 325 for 10-15 min.  Hot and crispy again I guarantee.

Huntschool

I am not... (again)

Dove shoot thing..  BBQ with all the fixins

Tiger MT's Carter
We are grilling burgers and topping with blue cheese and bacon. I think I might deep fry some French fries also.

12ette

Does this count?

3 years old!

E4534E4C-B12E-4541-B206-22197E0B008D-285

Tiger MT's Carter
I’m getting ready to fix a batch of biscuits & sausage gravy for breakfast.

Tiger MT's Carter
Does this count?

3 years old!

E4534E4C-B12E-4541-B206-22197E0B008D-285

Very nice, how could it not count? Young kids and B/Days are always special.

12ette
Cooking and baking are different in my mind.