REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
ThomGordon

Duck Dynasty

MAArcher

The most baffling thing about Duck Commander is the lack of dogs?  How can you be king of duck hunting without passion for retrievers?  It makes me doubt their sincerity on all other levels.

I do have beard envy though.

Rex Hoppie
I don't care for the show.

trust me
The most baffling thing about Duck Commander is the lack of dogs?  How can you be king of duck hunting without passion for retrievers?  It makes me doubt their sincerity on all other levels.

Having never watched the show nor seen their videos, I can tell you that I've read that Phil gave up a promising pro football career in Philadelphia because, as he told his backup quarterback Terry Bradshaw, "Boomer, come November and them ducks are flyin', you know where I'll be." He would seem to be a dyed-in-the-wool duck hunter.  Can't speak for the boys, though.

Terry B. wrote that there was always a pile of ducks or a deer carcass at Phil's room in college. (Louisiana Tech?)

topdog1961
My wife and son have been die-hard fans since it started. So are many of her girlfriends. I don't have time for much TV but must say I enjoy what I see of it better than most drivel on TV. I think America would be better off if more people shared their values. If you watch Phil skin a frog, catfish or sqiurrel, there is no doubt he is the real outdoorsman deal. If you watch him preach on You-tube, he is much more hellfire and brimstone than on the show. I'm sure they had to throttle him back some for fear of alienating some viewers.

Tim Frazier

It's made my teenage girls want to brag that they hunt and shoot...so love or hate it, I'm grateful.

It also makes all us guys getting older, running around the woods with guns eating squirrel and catfish cool.  Thats a miracal!

topdog1961
It's made my teenage girls want to brag that they hunt and shoot...so love or hate it, I'm grateful.

It also makes all us guys getting older, running around the woods with guns eating squirrel and catfish cool.  Thats a miracal!

X2. My 13 year old daughter also watches and I bought her first hunting license this year. She wants to deer hunt. Plus camo is cool at school and all the girls are wearing it.  All I believe because of DD.

terrym
I find it quite entertaining. I also have no doubt they are hard core duck hunters but are also smart enough to realize they are making more money as television stars than duck call manufacturers. They may project the simple good ol boy personna but these guys are nobody's fools. If you pay attention and watch how they "show" you the production process there is no way they are showing actual production either. It's all great entertainment and good TV though.

Fin2Feather
I want to know how guys who look like that get women who look like that?

spinfly

My daughter gave me Willie & Kories book for Christmas last year, a photo of the 4 brothers, shows them shaven, look like your All-American boys.

Have been a fan of the show since it started, wife and daughter are now hooked on it too.

Have an old high school friend who works for Federal Ammo, has golfed with them before, says they are  as genuine in person as on TV.

Bottom line love, tolerate or hate them, every TV has an off switch.

Jack L
I enjoy the show, I think it's pretty funny.  As a plus my wife has started to watch it with me and likes it.  Not many shows we both like.

Wildbird
Problem is the DD "brand" has saturated the market and has become mainstream. That's when the diehard fans start to bail, like they do when obscure bands go mainstream. IMO.

I had to run into Wal-mart the other day and heard quacking over their speaker system. I also noticed DD bandages.

I do still watch the show and love what they are trying to promote. Seems like they are trying to run themselves off the air with over exposure.

I did read both books and enjoyed both. Phil was a tough customer back in the day.

Brad Eden

$.

mshowman

$.

That's one way. There are others.

topdog1961

A lot of $$$$$ always helps. Though my wife read their book and says Willies wife comes from a monied family. Plus as spinfly said, if you look at pictures of the boys youth, at least according to my wife, they were well built, clean shaven, handsom men. I was like that. That's how I got her.....except for the well built, handome, and money part.

Jack L

Back when it was duck commander they did have retreivers .  They had some on duck dynasty when they were shooting doves too.  They must not have the run of the place like miss Kay's terriers.