Muzzleloader Bullet

I like the accuracy I have from sabots (1.5" at 100 yards).  I just checked reviews at Cabela's and I'm not the only one with the same complaints about the TC Shockwaves but the XTP hollow points seem to be just the ticket with good reviews.  

I'll ditch my TC Triumph and go more traditional as soon as they make a 6.5 lb hawken that can shoot MOA groups and has scope mounts.

drummer's stump
I'll ditch my TC Triumph and go more traditional as soon as they make a 6.5 lb hawken that can shoot MOA groups and has scope mounts.

candyass :p

Yup.

One day though I'll trade in the compound and the inline for a recurve and a Hawken just to show I can do it.  

In the mean time I'll enjoy tagging three or four deer a year because of my modern equipment!  I'd be lost without tree climbers, trail cameras, compounds and inlines.

Trad vs modern discussions:

babyyawn.jpg

To make it more interesting we could go real old school traditional and talk about the merits of pitfall and snare traps for deer in urban environments where the discharge of bows and guns is considered to dangerous?

I like the Barnes Spitfire MZ's. They hold together well and do a massive amount of damage.  I shot a bear with Powerbelt one time and the bullet basically disintegrated on contact with the rib.  It still did enough damage for me to find the animal, but I think it would have been trouble on a shoulder shot.
I have no issues with the TC shock wave bonded bullets they do the job very well.  If you want a bullet that will open up more dont use the bonded bullets just use the shock wave bullet.  Hell when I use my 45 I use 405 gr lead solids over 100 grs. of FFF deer get hit with these and they drop on the spot and none of the bullets stay in them.
I shoot a T/C Omega, 100 grains of Blackhorn 209 and a 250 grain elite HP from Precision Rifle. It is a boat tailed sabot. For the east coast some of my shots are a reach (150+ yards) and this combination is very accurate and very dependable.

Working out a good patch, round ball and powder load is the key to shooting a ML.

please, please do not start adding hardner to your 100% pure lead round balls.  It could start to strip the rifleing out of the barrel.

I shoot Hornady Sabots, 50 cal, 44-240 HP/XTP with 3 Pyrodex pellets/150 grains....in an original-as in old -and inexpensive TC Black Diamond black synthetic stock inline with a fixed 4x scope. They zero pretty good out to 100 yards which is all Ive ever sighted in at. No idea what they would do to a deer since Ive never let one fly at a deer. Im a fair weather MZ hunter, only taking it out if I wasn't able to tag a deer with a rifle. I have carried it but have never got a shot at a deer. I am very grateful I don't have to take it out this December. :)