Favorite deer season picture 2013

Tim Frazier

I love this picture of my Dad and my youngest daughter Caitlyn.  It was taken opening morning of gun season and while the deer in the trailer were shot by my dad and I, Caitlyn's sharp young eyes are the only reason I got the big doe.  It was a great day all the way around and better just because three generations were all there.

Incidentally Caity took a nice ten point two years ago and seemed to relish her role this hunt.  She got to see quite a few deer herself but is pretty picky about her shots and didn't find any she was comfortable with.

Lets see yours!

deer133.jpg

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• valuman

• Brad Eden

• Tim Frazier

• Natty Bumpo

1480773_670667492964096_1312582178_n.jpg

I like this one because Cash took full ownership of this deer. Even when just the head and rack hung in the back shed it became a ritual several times a day with him running to the shed so I would open the door for him to check on it. :D

What do you do when your deer is frozen and you're miles from a warm garage when it's time to skin it out?

DSCN3474.jpg

That's awesome. :laugh:

It's gonna be hard to beat that one.

A 10 pointer seat belted in the passenger seat of a convertible Miata zipping down a snow covered lane would beat it.

It's gonna be hard to beat that one.

A 10 pointer seat belted in the passenger seat of a convertible Miata zipping down a snow covered lane would beat it.

Indeed it would!  :laugh:

The photo of the buck lounging in the chair by the fire comes with its own story. I stayed in camp to get the deer ready for the butcher on that day, the day after Thanksgiving. When one of my camp-mates came in for a break from the cold, he arrived at the same time as the owner of some adjacent land that we hunt who was out for a walk with his wife, son and daughter in law. Arne walked down the driveway to greet them, without me knowing they were there and without him knowing that I was in camp, or where the hanging buck had gone.

Eventually I saw them through the window and walked out to be sociable. Of course they had asked Arne if we'd had any luck and he told them about this buck I'd shot that had mysteriously disappeared. As soon as I finished introducing myself to those in the group whom I didn't know, Arne asked. "Where's the deer?" My straight faced reply was, "He's in the chair by the wood stove. Do you all want to see him?" They did, so we all went inside and this is what they saw.

DSCN3475.jpg

It was a most interesting visit.  :laugh:

• 2 weeks later...
2013_Deer_Hunt_001.JPG

And with a left handed bolt action and an orange Stormy Kromer to boot!

Nice!

[quote=Natty Bumpo,Dec. 31 2013,5:56

And with a left handed bolt action and an orange Stormy Kromer to boot!

That Stormy Kromer is an Up North Michigan Tradition.