Ohio bowhunting

Henry Rackliff

Good Luck Henry. It sounds like an excellent opportunity..One thing though. I'd probably just quarter any deer and let your local VT butcher process it. You may want to check prices. I looked at an Elk from CO to Ky, 1,000 bucks to process and ship. Obviously a larger animal, but man that was shockingly expensive. A deer at the processor is around 75 bucks here in kY, (I think, I haven't ever used one.).

Someone give Henry the name of a processor.

Oh yeah and Scott, don't you have any pictures of good deer?

You sure those aren't Kentucky deer, Scott?

Well. I suppose that one on the right side of the top picture might be.  He reminds me a little bit of my crazy drunk uncle from Richmond.

Henry Rackliff

I found out we are going to be in Glenford, OH for our hunt.  I found a processor right in town and it's $70 to process a deer and they will freeze it for us.  If we shoot one late in the trip and need a speedy butcher job, the gal indicated that some Vermont maple syrup would help get it done quicker.

TV, great pics.  I'm like a kid before Christmas right now and deer aren't even my major deal.

Henry,

Perry County has a bunch of deer and usually produces some nice trophies. I'm not real familiar with that exact area, but you'll probably be hitting the foothills in that area. Parts of Perry Co. are pretty rugged, but I think you are above most of the real step stuff.  Should be a good hunt. If you need any gear while you are there, Buckeye Outdoors is right up the road. Nice store.

Buckeye Outdoors

You'll be right in Mike's back yard and about an hour or so up the road from me. If you need anything while there, I'm sure one of us could help.

In the mean time, I've got the 07-08 Ohio Regs in front of me so if you have any questions, let me know.

Henry Rackliff
Don't worry about finding a butcher Henry, I've got plenty of venison for ya.

That's very kind of you Matt but knowing you and your kids, if I want any cuts better than stew meat and sausage, I better shoot one myself.  

Now that I'm thinking about it, I think I Cylus and Eli won't let me have any sausage either.

You sure those aren't Kentucky deer, Scott?

All you have to do is find one alive around here. Actually this report doesn't tell the half of it. I think alot of people are not reporting the deaths. I also bet if we don't get rain they will postpone, possibly cancel rifle season.

EHD

My mom lives one house from the Parry County line, Thornville address.  Used to date a girl from Glenford but that was WAY too long ago to be any help.  Buddy of mine in HS shot his first deer right down the road from mom's.  12 or 14 points depending on if they have to be a whole inch on the short side and field dressed at still 210 lbs.  Took my last deer in Perry Co at the State Forest with a 357, 140 lb doe missing a hind leg from the hock down.  Anything less than 110 lbs after dressing will still have spots.  Glenford is a great area, right on the line of still some agriculture with the woods not wiped out yet.  Mike has the good microbrewery type pubs in Granville, always good to know as Glenford is just a handful of houses.  Maybe could schedule a visit to mom's if ya'll arrange a little gathering while in town.