NFL Playoff Football

I predicted Boston in the World Series.

I'm predicting 49ers over Chargers in the Super Bowl.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• valuman

• gunsrus

• bigjohnsd

• Runningdog

DennisMcFeely
Seattle bandwagon here.

"Seahawks" They are on the other side of the world!

Next you'll be saying your a Yanky fan.

Diehard Giants fan, just think the Seahawks are the team to beat. ;-)

I agree with the odds makers: Seattle versus Denver in the Super Bowl. Denver wins it.

However, with the way the games turned out this weekend, Seattle has to be concerned. They get New Orleans, who played them up there this passed year, and The 'hawks  beat them soundly. But NO is very well coached, and this time, they know exactly what they are getting into. The NO coaches  will have them ready.

And, if SF beats the Panthers, Seattle gets SF, who's coached extremely well, and has been there and knows what's in store ahead of time as well. SF also gets a big break with NO beating Philly, and having NO going to Seattle ahead of them.

Beating NO and SF  back to back ain't going to be easy, for anyone. Even Seattle with the Home field advantage.

Still, when it comes down to it, Seattle and Denver are the two best teams -- at least on paper.

Look out for San Diego. They lucked into the playoffs on the backs of the officiating mistakes in their final game against the Chiefs. But they are in and they won. They look hot right now and if the ball (or the officiating) continues to bounce their way, they could be trouble.
Peyton Manning's throwing has been phenomenal this year.  As long as Denver's defense can get the ball into Manning's hands, it will be Denver winning the Big Game.
I'm a Denver fan but you homers are forgetting the abysmal defense. I'll be happy just to beat San Diego.
LostintheOzone
I predict anything can happen. I've lost too much money betting against the Seahawks. I won't do it ever again.... unless you can give me some points. :D

Regardless of who wins and who loses, it is GREAT theatre.

Many good story lines out there.

I'd like to see Peyton and the Broncos redeem themselves after blowing it last year in the AFC title game.

I'd like to see Philip Rivers go deep and arouse the Eli detractors in Giants land (Im one of them/Big Blue traded Rivers for Eli on draft day).

Seattle looks tough and Im with Dennis, lets have a new team lift the Lombardi. That being said, NO will be much tougher the second time around in Seattle.

No one is talking about Carolina.......they may have  a say.

Well, it's pretty safe to say my dream Super Bowl - the Browns vs. the Packers - isn't going to happen this year (or probably ever) so football season ended for me when FSU beat Auburn. That said, I'd like to see Peyton holding the big trophy at the end of the NFL season.