Finally joined the Trail Cam crowd.

So, did you get your camera back up yet?

Anxiously awaiting pictures of Maine wildlife.

Nope, never got it out. My hikes lately aren't revealing much of any game movement with all this snow. Will get it out after this rain event and thaw.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brad Eden

• CzechSM

• Big Al

• MAArcher

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just started using a trail cam last year, caught this guy on "film", hopefully he's still around this year....pretty nice size for around here.    

Buck Ferguson is not camera shy. I have three cameras out spread out a good ways on 160 acres and he showed up on all three cameras. Some highlights:      

Posted Images

10351752_767492493281595_869565405419609

Finally set out my trail camera in the area I bow hunt in an urban area/expanded archery season. Swapped out cards today and found 7 shots of this buck in velvet. He apparently detected the camera and most of the shots are him coming to camera to investigate. Looks like his antlers are still growing, may end up a 6 pt, and I hope he ends up in my freezer.

Michael Stenstrom
I don't know. Decent bases. I vote bigger than a six

I don't know. Decent bases. I vote bigger than a six

That deer photo was taken abut 20 yards off Scott's driveway. Yeah, them bases are big, might be a bigger buck than I thought.

10400768_767784456585732_821827782157776

Here is a bear my brother got on trail cam. He lives outside Seattle WA up on the side of a mountain. His trail cam is within a few hundred yards of his house. Last year they had to call wildlife folks who came and trapped and hazed a problem bear that was hanging around their house. He has blacktails and elk grazing in his yard and sees Bobcats all the time and occasionally mountain lion.

Great photos!

Keep 'em coming.

That buck has your name on it Brad.

You think your brother has critters in his yard....I found a box turtle in my back yard this morning....try and top that. ;)

Great photos!

Keep 'em coming.

That buck has your name on it Brad.

You think your brother has critters in his yard....I found a box turtle in my back yard this morning....try and top that. ;)

Turtles count!

• 3 weeks later...

10500563_777892568908254_146863353004881

10500563_777892562241588_345572236559957

10500563_777892565574921_520049995264208

I moved the cam after the shots of the buck in velvet. if you know what to look for you can see my ladder stand. Ive shot 3 deer from that stand with a bow in the past. Checked the cam this morning. No sign of that velvet buck but shots of does. They seem interested in camera. Not spooked but another that came right up to nose it. Momma doe seems to be producing plenty of milk.

talmadgebear1uj.jpg

talmadgebear2uj.jpg

talmadgedoeuj.jpg

Finally made it up to camp and checked the trail cam I set up near a new deer stand I set up at end of last fall.

We have BEAR!...and the bastard chewed the hell out of my trail camera! It still works but I pulled it so I can seal some areas with tape. It must have tasted salt from my hands. Cuddebak sells metal cases you can lock to the tree for this camera, I might need to get one...for bear. You can see my ladder stand on left side of photos. My camp is over 2 hrs north of me but I may set some bait there.

Also got several shots of at least 2 doe, so am glad to see deer are moving there as I suspected. This ladder stand is set smack dab where two logging operations cut the area a couple years ago. One operation did a clean, chipped cut, the other did a slashy dirty cut and they both intersect with a deep dank swamp.

PS I had my AM/PM mixed up on camera, obviously. :oops:

I have all my cameras in metal boxes not for the occasional bear but for the more common thief.  I had 2 new cameras stolen a few years back both less then a week old.  The ones I use now are smaller then a coke can even in their metal box and I have them lagged to the tree they are on.

Cameras are going into the woods this week while I am on vacation in the mean time.

This is my unicorn from last season still looking for him

IM000041.JPG

And a few of his lady friends

IM000046.JPG

Michael Stenstrom
Too cool on the bear. Any pictures of the inside of the bear's mouth?  That camera takes sharp clear picts!
Too cool on the bear. Any pictures of the inside of the bear's mouth?  That camera takes sharp clear picts!

Yeah, not bad for a $120 camera. I had around 4 photos while the bear was chewing on the camera. All blurry, shaky etc. Luckily he gnawed on just one side and didn't puncture the motion detector and lens. You have the honor of the only person who sat in that stand last fall. I'm looking forward to some sets this year.

Bet he would like it better if you slathered some bacon grease on it and left a few doughnuts  :D

Nice looking spring bear bet he fattens up nice by fall

I only have issues with the cubs trying to knock my damn camera sideways.  Mama and the big boy seem to leave it alone.

I'm trying a new tactic for keeping my cameras from getting stolen since I'm to cheap to dish out $50 for security box and lock to protect a $100 camera.

last week I put them out while on a four wheeler ride and instead of putting them at dear height, I stood on the wheeler and put them up as high as I could reach and just angled them down a bit.  Hopefully no one will notice them that high and not try and climb a tree if they do.