Finally joined the Trail Cam crowd.

Few more from my expanded archery zone area. I have some shots of twin fawns too. No bucks moving about yet. Havent seen that velvet buck. Real happy with this low cost Cuddeback camera.

doefawn1.jpg

doefawn2.jpg

fawn.jpg

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brad Eden

• CzechSM

• Big Al

• MAArcher

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just started using a trail cam last year, caught this guy on "film", hopefully he's still around this year....pretty nice size for around here.    

Buck Ferguson is not camera shy. I have three cameras out spread out a good ways on 160 acres and he showed up on all three cameras. Some highlights:      

Posted Images

Turns out my second trail cam that got chewed on by that bear is screwed up. It's taking whited out and reddish photos. That bear cost me $130 and I am gonna get even. :angry:
Seems like there should be a way to hook a small motorcycle battery up to some wire around the camera to give them a little zap if they get too nosey.
Fur and Feathers

Tough break on the damaged camera. I know of a few people that found out the hard way that a bear box is a must in bear country. Hope you get the chance to even the score with him.

cuddesafe

Brad, does your camera have time lapse?  If so, do you know if there's a way to view all those pictures more quickly than clicking on them one at a time?  I thought there would be some software on Cuddyback.com to do that but I can't seem to find it.

I like those daytime pictures.

I'm in the market for another cam. My Moultrie takes good daytime pics but at night sucks.

How's your pictures coming out at night Brad?

To answer some questions. I like this Ambush RI Cuddeback. It can be set to reload/take photos every 5 seconds up to 3 minutes. Also video which I haven't tried yet. It has an internal Memory so you can copy over photos to a card. But I use a card, and swap it out when I check camera. My digital camera is too old to view the card so I use a card reader on my iMac and load photos right to iPhoto so can't say about other photo reader software. An earlier post on this Topic shows some nighttime bear shots, those are B/W. I am impressed with he quality of the daytime shots.

The best part is its a simple camera to use, which is a high priority for me, I don't need or want a load of bells and whistles, its cheap, on sale right now at Dicks for $109.00, compact and the gray brown color is crazy hard to see when attached to a tree. I just bought another to replace my bear chewed one and also bought a metal security case for setting up at one of our bear bait sets.

I swapped a card at my bow hunting area today and it has 17 photos on it that ill load, view and post any good ones.

10525753_789203651110479_272573824979978

10448825_789207371110107_177709414723724

More does and fawns. Here are a couple decent ones showing a spotted fawn and a doe with twin fawns.

If you have a car GPS that you can view pictures on use it to see what you have right away I have a Garmin that I do that with.  Bass Pro has the Cuddlebacks on sale for $99 Aug 1st to the 17th
If you have a car GPS that you can view pictures on use it to see what you have right away I have a Garmin that I do that with.  Bass Pro has the Cuddlebacks on sale for $99 Aug 1st to the 17th

How do you do that? I have an old Tom Tom car GPS, and Jo has a Garmin. Neither take SD cards.

The Garmin I have a 255 nuvi has a SD card slot
Well Cameras went out today I was late this year but they are in good areas so we shall see what is around soon enough.
  • 2 weeks later...

bear2uj.jpg

bear1uj.jpg

bear3uj.jpg

Knock, knock...anyone home?

Had a visitor to our Wormwood Pond bait site. Instead of peeling off the half attached lid on 5 gallon bucket, it chewed a hole through the side of the bucket. I need to reposition the camera to the right next time to catch activity right at bait.

Curious, but didn't appear to chew or molest the metal case with camera inside. I hope that continues.