• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brad Eden

• CzechSM

• Big Al

• MAArcher

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just started using a trail cam last year, caught this guy on "film", hopefully he's still around this year....pretty nice size for around here.    

Buck Ferguson is not camera shy. I have three cameras out spread out a good ways on 160 acres and he showed up on all three cameras. Some highlights:      

Posted Images

yarddeer.jpg

Watch what you ask for....I caught Cash eating some fresh deer poops on the lawn, a deer blew at me from the deck...so I set out a trail cam at edge of the lawn near marsh where i had already set up my archery deer decoy-(you can see head of decoy over does back) and had a visitor. Deke/target may have drawn her in. This area can be seen from deck. Its on the opposite side of where my garden is on other side of house, but regardless, hares may not be all I have to worry about...

I have deer all around me deeper in woods, first sighting in the open.

• 4 months later...

8ptbuck2015.jpg

Havent posted any trail cam photos lately. Got plenty, but mostly Does. NTTAWWT

This boy walked past my ladder stand-out back behind the house this morning. Decent tall 8 pt Id be thrilled to put a tag on...if he'd show up in daylight and I happened to be back there!

• 3 months later...

Couple recent shots.

yotes2.jpg

Pair of yotes about a 1/2 mile in woods across the street from the house just behind a pond.

yote1.jpg

Just behind house in front of a treestand and on a walking trail me and dogs go on everyday. I better keep the 15 lb Cav close...

• 3 months later...

Well, looky here....

I discovered a new hunting area this spring while turkey hunting. It's sick with deer sign, and I saw or jumped deer almost every time I was there in broad daylight. HIGHLY unusual for Maine.

Set a cam and wasn't disappointed. Share of does and at least three bucks in velvet on a main deer trail in Pine woods just inside a long field.

This is the biggest buck in velvet. He will likely be a good 8 pt, maybe better, hard to tell just yet. I will keep an eye on the area and plan to set a bow stand come fall. Already getting excited!

image.jpeg

Wow, that racks a good bit father along then the deer I've seen around my way.  That's the makings of big one.  Where exactly did you say that was?:ph34r:(that's the spot poaching ninja emoji)

9 minutes ago, MAArcher said:

Wow, that racks a good bit father along then the deer I've seen around my way.  That's the makings of big one.  Where exactly did you say that was?:ph34r:(that's the spot poaching ninja emoji)

No kidding.... It's 1/2 mile from my house and a 3 minute drive...just up the main road off our dirt road. Actually it's less than a half mile from the tip of my 9.5 acres if I bushwhacked it. The area is unposted, and I don't see any tree stands or tell tale 5 gallon buckets lying around, so may be lightly hunted in firearm season. I suspect nobody bow hunts it in October which is my goal.

On 6/29/2016 at 8:57 AM, Brad Eden said:

Well, looky here....

I discovered a new hunting area this spring while turkey hunting. It's sick with deer sign, and I saw or jumped deer almost every time I was there in broad daylight. HIGHLY unusual for Maine.

Set a cam and wasn't disappointed. Share of does and at least three bucks in velvet on a main deer trail in Pine woods just inside a long field.

This is the biggest buck in velvet. He will likely be a good 8 pt, maybe better, hard to tell just yet. I will keep an eye on the area and plan to set a bow stand come fall. Already getting excited!

image.jpeg

Things are looking good for you all over.  I saw two bucks out at the ranch about two weeks ago that were bigger than this one.

Time to get the cameras out in the woods now that we are into July :D

I never take the cameras out of the woods. It is a very fun activity.

Screen Shot 2016-07-03 at 8.15.10 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2016-07-03 at 8.17.20 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2016-07-03 at 8.18.25 PM.jpg

I tend to move mine around a lot I run 6 at a time 2 of them I leave in the area I hunt and the other 4 I use for scouting new areas.  Now is good time to get bargains on cameras the new models are coming out and the older ones can be had cheap like the refurbished cameras on Moultrie.com

Thanks for the heads up Giz. Some good deals on refurbished cams at Moultrie. I need another to replace the one a bear chewed up at camp.

• 2 weeks later...

Refurb Moultrie came in and as quickly is being packaged and returned.

Tested it, found that when photos on SD card were uploaded with card reader to iPad or iPhone....instead of being in landscape mode they view in portrait mode with both sides of photo cut off. If I email or message them they appear in correct landscape mode in the email or message, but when Saved again to photo library on devices revert to the cut off portrait mode. They even post correctly on this Board. BUT, I really need them to view from photo library on devices, otherwise they are useless.

Moutrie Customer Service told me their cameras or at least this model is only fully compatible with Android/PC devices. Whhhaaaattttt? That's simply nuts in this day and age...some of us trail cam hunter types are also hipster!

(I saw no mention during rather extensive research that Moultrie cameras weren't fully compatible across PC/MAC platforms.)

Bummed. Seemed like a real nice cam.