Finally joined the Trail Cam crowd.

On 8/2/2018 at 2:04 PM, gundogpa said:

I was getting my eye exam last week and my eye doctor is a hunter. Good guy, we always share deer stories. Anyway we got on the subject of game cameras and he went off. You should never use them, they are unethical, they ruin hunting.......wow I didn't expect that. I just said well don't use one if you think it ruins your hunting experience. That's the first time I heard that point of view.

I see that type of attitude about everywhere now days....."Since I don't---You shouldn't" It gets old.

I enjoy the trail cams and I leave mine out year around. Now with the lithium batteries the cold don't seem to effect them much. I usually have the cameras set to video mode but the ones by the house here do better on the still shot mode. Here are a few pictures from today's card pull.

MOULTRIE DIGITAL GAME CAMERA

MOULTRIE DIGITAL GAME CAMERA

P00[C041-I255-E052@001]R350-G256-B402-(I:58-G017h-L0372)-c80-L059-P(09-0360-1080-0359-1079)LB00-RTC0-A2

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brad Eden

• CzechSM

• Big Al

• MAArcher

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just started using a trail cam last year, caught this guy on "film", hopefully he's still around this year....pretty nice size for around here.    

Buck Ferguson is not camera shy. I have three cameras out spread out a good ways on 160 acres and he showed up on all three cameras. Some highlights:      

Posted Images

Buck Ferguson is not camera shy. I have three cameras out spread out a good ways on 160 acres and he showed up on all three cameras. Some highlights:

aWa5z2b.jpg

pXtDYD1.jpg

G2LgH8b.jpg

L6jJZZU.jpgAGpGgN5.jpg

Cdy00006.JPG

Placed trail cam a bit too close to the trail apparently. Set this cam at the back corner of a beaver pond (natural travel corridor) in hopes up might prove to be a good spot to put up a treestand. No Bucks yet, but we will see. 

Cdy00002.JPG

Pretty cool image from an old, out of production Cuddebak camera. The morning dew created a neat effect.

• 2 weeks later...

Only 31 days and roughly 4 hours until archery season opens on September 29th in Ohio.....not that i am counting down or anything. Heading down to the lease Sunday to put up a couple ground blinds, touch up shooting lanes and check cams one last time and then I am out of there until opening day. Hopefully I’ll have some good pics to post Sunday evening!

Cdy00010.JPG

Lil buck. Cam is set at a new spot to see if it's worth hanging a stand. Might be. 20 photos after a two week soak. Does, this spike and what looked like a nighttime shot of a 6 or 8pt.