Hockey

As I see it, the teams to beat are: Sharks, Blues, Colorado, Habs, Boston.

Boston will NOT get by the Habs in rd 2. Mtl. owned them for over 2 years, Rask is 3 for 11 (??) against them. But for sheer entertainment value, this is playoff hockey. Bos vs Mtl. How sweet is that?

The Sharks would scare anyone who thinks they have a future in winning against them. They are scary, scary, scary. Big, tough, skilled and well coached.

If there is any team that can match the Sharks for toughness and quality, the Blues is it. Any team with Hitchcock as a coach always has a chance.

Patrick Roy, the Avalanche, speed, great goaltending,, etc..

And, NATHAN (18 year old superstar) MCKINNON. If any team aspires to win the Cup, it better do it this year because young Nathan will hog it for a few years. He is probably ahead of the Crosby curve at this age. They are both from a small town in Nova Scotia. Must be the water.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ben Hong

• Dogwood

• Yukon1

• Big Al

I'd sure say Boston at this point in that they are so solid defensively, adequate on offense, and know how to grind out close games.

Boston has played well, but is not scary...yet.  

Montreal man-handled a good Tampa team and SJ has put 17 goals up on a team that allowed only 2.3goals/game.

If Boston can get by Detroit, they will start to roll like last year and 2011.

Henry Rackliff
Boston still has to get by Detroit but the Bruins and Habs would be a classic.  Montreal is playing well but I don't think Tampa is as good now as they were earlier in the year.  They really don't play much defense and not having Bishop in goal really hurt them.  Credit to Montreal for winning a series that they should have won, but if and when they face the Bruins, they will be facing a very good defensive team.  I think the Bruins are a stronger team this year than they were last year and are going to be really tough for anyone to win 4 out of 7 against.  That being said, the Habs always give them a tough matchup.  Price always plays really well in Boston and I also really like that kid Gallagher.  For being so big and strong though, Subban is a wuss.  A ton of talent, but wussy.  And Vanek just killed the Bruins when he was with Buffalo but hasn't looked the same yet.  No matter who you root for, it would be a great series.
I didn't appreciate Boston until Dee-troit played in the East this year.  Highly skilled, very talented, know how to win, and a bunch of real dicks.  Man.
Chris Raymond
I didn't appreciate Boston until Dee-troit played in the East this year.  Highly skilled, very talented, know how to win, and a bunch of real dicks.  Man.

Kinda remind me of the Aves of old.  ;-)

The Bruins are indeed talented, very well coached and have a winning attitude. Sad part is that they don't act like winners when they chop, slash, go nut hunting and generally be ****** about the game. If and when Iginla leaves, that POS team will lose whatever class they have. I want them dead and buried, and in two weeks that will happen.

The Bruins are indeed talented, very well coached and have a winning attitude. Sad part is that they don't act like winners when they chop, slash, go nut hunting and generally be ****** about the game. If and when Iginla leaves, that POS team will lose whatever class they have. I want them dead and buried, and in two weeks that will happen.

Bruins are ranked 16th in penalty minutes this season, Montreal is ranked 5th. Yet it's the Bruins that are the dik heads.

I thought rough play and fighting was desirable in the NHL; or is that just for all teams except the Bruins?

I hear figure skating is looking for fans... :devil:

Bruins are ranked 16th in penalty minutes this season, Montreal is ranked 5th. Yet it's the Bruins that are the dik heads.

I thought rough play and fighting was desirable in the NHL; or is that just for all teams except the Bruins?

Ouch!!! Truth hurts.......

It's the after-whistle stuff they excel at and not as likely to be called.  Put it this way; it's the same reason nobody liked the Bad Boy Pistons of the late eighties.  An acquired hometown taste for sure.

Poor sportsmanship.

What we have is a quandary for the Bruins - they are so adept at fighting very few would challenge them. What to do? To get their jollies, they have become very good at sneaky backstabs when the refs aren't looking. Take a bow, Mr. Lucic, Mr. Marchand. How many offenses did you commit that weren't penalized? Rough play is one thing, Pearl Harbour - like attacks are another. You get my drift, huh?

Put it this way; it's the same reason nobody liked the Bad Boy Pistons of the late eighties.  An acquired hometown taste for sure.

D@mn! You had to pick the one team that I have always hated more than any other team in any sport in my entire life. The Pistons back then were a bunch of puke covered thugs.

Point taken.  :blush:

Henry Rackliff
Got a call from my sister yesterday afternoon that she has 2 extra tickets for tonight's game.  Meeting them in Central VT at 2pm and headed for Boston with my daughter.  Can't wait.  We'll be just off the end of the Bruins bench in rows 3 and 4, just off the glass.  The Garden should be jumping tonight!
NW River Mac

Ben,  we're all anxiously awaiting for your Canadian acting lessons. :D  :D