• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ben Hong

• Dogwood

• Yukon1

• Big Al

Ben, that would make a great newspaper headline.

It was a great game. Well played by both sides and had me on the edge of my seat the entire time.

Now hopefully, the Bruins can get one back.

Hey Yukon just before the next game check out the ESPN documentary on your beloved Piston Bad Boys; it'll get ya' all in a dither and riled up for the hockey game! :devil:  :angry:  :D

Would have loved to hear Johnny Most do a Bruins-Habs game! "Krug fiddles and diddles . . ."

Win or lose, that was one HECK of a game. I absolutely hate the Bruins, but I love their games against Montreal. This is the hockey I have dreamed of all year, rough, tough, fast and NO Staged FIGHTS.

Don't know if my heart can stand many more games though.

Hey Yukon just before the next game check out the ESPN documentary on your beloved Piston Bad Boys; it'll get ya' all in a dither and riled up for the hockey game! :devil:  :angry:  :D

Would have loved to hear Johnny Most do a Bruins-Habs game! "Krug fiddles and diddles . . ."

Just your post made me cringe. That F'n Laimbeer. I hate him.  :angry:

Johnny Most, on the other hand, I loved. I sat next to him on a mall bench many years ago, while our women were in the stores shopping. I was so star struck I could only manage a weak hello until it was time for me to leave. I'd like to think he appreciated that...

"Fiddles and diddles" how I miss that.  :)

Thanks for ending with a pleasant memory.

MN Tonester
Alright - what's with the "Habs" ?  Are the Bruins the hab nots?
Alright - what's with the "Habs" ?  Are the Bruins the hab nots?

"Habs" is the shortened term of affection for the team known (in English) as the "Montreal Canadiens", notice the "e". It comes from the French word "les habitants", generally meaning the French settlers of Quebec. Hence the shortened "habs".

Pub Scout

Amazing game.  Top 10 in Bs v Habs play-off games I have seen. The Hockey Gods spoke last night and it was not in the Bruins favor.  How many times could they miss an open net?

As much as I hate Subban and his attitude (probably as much as Ben hate Marchand).  He is one heck of a gifted player and I wouldn't mind him on the Bs.

Jazz4Brazo
Great game indeed...that's what playoff hockey is all about!!!
Henry Rackliff
You should have seen it from the 4th row.  The energy in the building was unbelievable.  If it goes to a game 7, I can only imagine what it would be like.  I know Subban scored 2, and I really can't stand his attitude, but Price is the one that stole the show.  48 saves and a lot of them were stellar.  The B's also hit 2 posts and a crossbar.  Every time I see a game in person, I'm just blown away by the size, speed and skill of these guys.  Just amazing.
Damn that was great hockey. Can't beat those OT cliff hangers. If it ends up being a Montreal/Pittsburgh final the police will probably be called to my house as my daughter and I rumble it out !!! My great uncle ( Joe Malone) was the Captain of the team ( Quebec Bulldogs) that were the seeds of the original Canadians. His name is on the cup 3 times.
Well you were right about this kid "NATHAN (18 year old superstar) MCKINNON". It will be fun to see how good he gets.

McKinnon is something special but the rookie story that didn't get much play was Ondrej Palat for the Lightning. McKinnon was the #1 pick and therefore was expected to be good and he was.  Palat was drafted 7th round, 208th overall in the 2011 draft and spent a couple of years in the AHL. When given his chance in the NHL he lit it up.

He was second in rookie scoring. He also played a different role than McKinnon as Palat was one of Tampa's pk players. Check out his shorthanded goals and assists. two of each. He can do it all so watch his career. I think the league just got another star.

BTW the 3rd place in rookie scoring went to another Tampa player named Tyler Johnson. He was an undrafted signing by the Lightning.

Yzerman and his staff have gathered a stable of young talent so the future is bright in the great hockey town of Tampa.

http://espn.go.com/nhl....rookies

http://www.tsn.ca/fantasy_news/feature/?ID=10841

Oh how sweet it was to see the Rangers beat the Penguins. Typically I'm not much of a fan of either team, especially the Pens but this series is meaningful to the Lightning.

If the Rangers advance to the conference finals the Lightning get the Rangers 2014 1st round draft pick as a result of the St Louis-Callahan trade. If the Rangers don't advance we end up with their 2nd round pick. Big difference.

Go Rangers!!!

WHAT A COLLAPSE ! It's been a great series and yes I thought we could have had a break or two to win game one . How can you come back from that ? Talk about momentum . If I were a Montreal fan I'd be squirming right now ! :O