Maine Moose Hunt 2007

Get that head mounted!  I'd talk to a few local restaurants or sporting goods places.  Maybe they'd let you keep it in their establishment for display.
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brad Eden

• Alan Briere

• L. Gallagher

Wow,

I almost missed the thread!

Congratulations on a spectacular chance to do something 99% of the hunters in this country will never get to do in the lower 48.

I grew up with a great-great uncle who had two 50"ers on opposite walls that he shot in Quebec in 1904 and 1905.  The trips were 45 days each and they went by foot after the rail line ended.  He shot them both with a .405 Winchester, ala Teddy Roosevelt.  He used to tell us kids that there was only one moose on the wall and it just turned around when we went to the other room.  We spent hours running back and forth trying to catch that moose spinning around!

He had a very angry son who somehow got both the gun and the mounts.  One of the greatest tragedies I've witnessed but the memories will go on for ever.

You did it man, your now one notch higher on the "he-man supa-hunta" totem pole!

Tim

Brad, congrats on an awesome hunt with a fine firearm!  Enjoy the burgers!  One of my buddies did a buffalo shoot in Nebraska two years ago.  He still had the last of it to use up this spring and he was being quite free about sharing it!

Side question-What part of the state do you live in and what part did the hunt take place in?  I have a buddy who is a biologist with Maine's fish and game.  I believe he's in the western portion of the state.  If you had a large guy, who probably still has a crewcut, and a gravelly voice check ya in that was him!

I have been catching up Brad. WOW. That is awesome!!!! I can hear the cow call from here. I saw the poll in the other forum but figured I'd go on and offer the wall in my kitchen/den for the full mount if you want. Of course you are welcome to come see it anytime (April is fun here, and late Oct/November bring your bow)

What a great tale!

Great Bull Brad!!!  Thanks for taking us along. Enjoy the many meals of wonderful moose!  

As for the taxidermy, I wanted to do a shoulder mount too, but just do not have the space.  I went with this and I think it looks good.

ef3b5d08.jpg

Great Bull Brad!!!  Thanks for taking us along. Enjoy the many meals of wonderful moose!  

As for the taxidermy, I wanted to do a shoulder mount too, but just do not have the space.

Coming from you Billy-the great white African hunter I feel much better about going with the skull mount-with the option to do full mount later. Your mount does look good. :)