Full Mount or Skull Mount?

Full Mount or Skull Mount?  

1. 1. Full Mount or Skull Mount?

• Full Shoulder Mount
      Full Shoulder Mount
    • European Skull Mount
      Full Shoulder Mount

Brad,

If you're doing a skull mount, check out the website below.  I had a turkey done...it's unique to say the least.

http://www.skullmetallizing.com/

wcockskulls3.jpg

I have some woodcock skulls like above photo, grouse skulls and turkey skulls done up with those beetles. Real cool conversation pieces. That metallizing is pretty cool to.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brad Eden

• jmelgaard

• Alan Briere

Brad,

I had a skull mount done on my bull. It looks very good in my office over my desk. Yours is a good bull like mine and will look good that way. I wanted mine to be a shoulder mount, but it died in 2 feet of water and we could not move it at all as it was too far to winch from a tree and we were unsuccessful to move the bull with the boat and had no other choice.

Dude to me its a no brainer...you silly old Mainer...full mount....It is not just a beautiful animal, but a once in a life time trophy.  Do him up right.
  • 3 months later...

The taxidermist who caped out my bull moose called to let me know the hide was back from being tanned and asked if I had I decided if I wanted a full shoulder mount. In the meantime I ran into the other taxidermist who is doing a skull-European mount of the bull and he still hasn't stuck it into the flesh-eating beetle farm. He is trying to get a bunch of bucks and bear skulls done first. He knows I am anxious so I hope to get it back. . .soon.

Anyhow, I drove down to the cape taxidermist who only lives a mile or two down the street and looked at the moose cape and decided to let him have it in exchange for a discount on a buck shoulder mount if I ever shoot another decent buck. He paid for the tanning already and I payed him earlier to cape the moose and the skull cleaning work.

Reality set in soon after the moose hunt that I will never have room for a full shoulder mount and will be happy with the more manageable skull mount.

I think those European mounts look classy, but that's just me...  

is_00226.jpg

is_00227.jpg

I'm sure yours will look terrific.  I'm looking forward to the pics!