• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cooter Brown

• mshowman

• Bonasa

• Ben Hong

Last time I ate Red Lobster I got food poisoning and nearly crapped my pants driving I-25. Good thing it was night and the ditch was deep. Haven't been back since.

My son worked at a Red Lobster a few years ago and will not eat there.

Strange because I think it's pretty good food. Maybe not the best seafood but definitely enjoyable!

Virgil

Fast food seafood not for me kind of like going to Olive Garden for Italian.   :p   FYI Outback has all you can eat shrimp also I try to stay away from chain restaurants

I also ate there last night. On Atkins and you can find the carb count easy enough on line, burp is right.

Retired Navy and I used to call it Dead Lobster. Maybe I have lived in the Midwest too long but damn it was good.

95% of Red Lobster is the advertising. I live in the Maritimes...you know next to the ocean...and I KNOW I can cook better than their minimum wage cooks.
Yup , we are lucky here in the NE . Good seafood , great Italian food . OOPS , maybe that's why I needed a stent ! Nevermind . :D
We are spoiled here along the Maine coast with fresh seafood. The Red Lobster in Bangor didn't last long. Ill add to the Debby Downer theme. I thought the service was pitiful and the photos of the food on TV commercials and on menus "tasted" better than the real thing on the plate.
Not fair to pick on chain seafood restaurants. I grew up on the Mass coast and know what you're saying. I haven't been in a Red Lobster in decades. But, most people don't live near an ocean. Red Lobster serves a purpose for those geographically challenged. It isn't like the clam and lobster shacks where I grew up but for most, its better than nothing and some of their dishes look OK for Nebraska or West Virginia.
pa'tridge hunters
When we lived on the Cape, we used to go up to Plymouth once in a while to the Mayflower, (imagine that name in Plymouth) fish market/restaurant. It was right out on the pier. You couldn't get the fish any fresher. The restaurant was cafeteria style. A nice place for a good meal. We went back there a few years ago to eat and in it's place was a Weathervane. What a let down. :down:
...and I KNOW I can cook better than their minimum wage cooks.

and about 95% of the executive chefs making six figures!!