Red Lobster

vern faulkner

There are a number of toys in my storage room including rods & reels, cast net, crab trap and mask & snorkel. The storage room is located on a peninsula located between the big salty pond and a saltwater bay. If not for my MIL, I would see no reason to ever go to Red Lobster.

One evening after we had returned from the coast, my wife invited the MIL to dinner. We had steamed shrimp and blackened redfish. MIL kinda curled up her nose at the shrimp and picked off a small piece of redfish. When my wife told her to take a decent sized piece, MIL said something like, "I don't like the stuff you bring home. I like the good fish we get at the church on Friday nights."

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cooter Brown

• mshowman

• Bonasa

• Ben Hong

I remember going to Red Lobster 35+ years ago and thought it was outstanding. In fact, I thought it was good until about the last 10 or 12 years

the Olive Garden has become the same way (IMO)

Would it be that strange to say that I've never eaten at a Red Lobster?

I'm in the same boat.  I guess i never wanted to drive to West Virginia for seafood.

Now that there is funneee.

Fast food seafood not for me kind of like going to Olive Garden for Italian.   :p  

Olive Garden is owned by the same people as Red Lobster.

Except that they aren't

I'm thinking if Long John Silver's is your goto seafood joint then Red Lobster is where you take the Mrs.'s on your anniversary.

Fast food seafood not for me kind of like going to Olive Garden for Italian.   :p  

Except that they aren't

They did, until just recently when Darden Restaurants sold RL for $2.1B.

If you want a nice place for seafood on Plymouth harbor, try Isaac's. its about a two minute walk from the Mayflower and over looks the harbor. It's on the second floor over a cheap souvigner shop. Great views of the water and my all time favorite place for fried clams. Prices are reasonable and the menu has all you could ask for.

Lisa and I went on our first (blind) date at Isaac's over 18 years ago.   :)

Erik you could be Long John Silver if you still have the beard you do in your avatar.

Except that they aren't

They did, until just recently when Darden Restaurants sold RL for $2.1B.

$2.1 BILLION for RL????

$2.1 dollars, maybe. Must be a helluva lotta folks in WV that like RL.

imo, rl and og are kind of the bob evans of seafood and italian.  nothing great but they are consistent from one to the next and decent enough unless you live on the coast.

we go to fl every winter and most locals will drive right past the small local places with great food most over looking the ocean to get to rl. the rl is always busy and 9 out of 10 tags in the lot are locals.