NFL

olddog22202

Maybe my brother in law was right: Football is fixed.

Well your brother in law and me have something in common.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dogwood

• WPG Gizmo

• Brad Eden

• dogrunner

GrouseLabMike

NFL is a waste of time. Would rather take a nap or even watch lifetime with the old lady than sit through a game. Can't believe people actually will blow a whole Sunday watching games. BORING  :angry:

But that is just my opinion. I think I would even rather watch Nascar than the NFL.

OMG a Left turn!!!!!!! OMG another left turn!!!!

OK I feel better getting that off my chest  :D

Vikings and Panthers were caught heating game balls and they got a warning from the officials. per ESPN's article

As both teams dealt with the freezing temperatures, Fox cameras showed sideline attendants using heaters to warm up game balls, which is against league rules. NFL vice president of officiating Dean Blandino said Monday morning on NFL Network that officials warned both the Vikings and Panthers not to heat up the balls during Sunday's game, and would remind teams this week not to heat game balls.

Love to know what the repercussions for this were so we could see a graded response with the current fracas.

They put a tight end with hands out to block so someone else can catch it?

I don't think so.

You would be wrong. Bosticks job was to block for Nelson. Period. He was one of the main causes we lost.

That and not intercepting that ball in the end zone. Two defenders covering one guy, ball hangs in the air for five minutes, and no one even makes an attempt at the ball.

If you say so.  Hard to believe that in the chaos of an onside kick if the ball bounces right to you you're not supposed to grab it?  The special teams coach says "so and so blocks only.  If the ball comes to you don't touch it!"  Really? That's like passing on a fumble. It's not like he ran over Nelson in the process.

Gunflint Charlie

I don't think so.

You would be wrong. Bosticks job was to block for Nelson. Period. He was one of the main causes we lost.

That and not intercepting that ball in the end zone. Two defenders covering one guy, ball hangs in the air for five minutes, and no one even makes an attempt at the ball.

If you say so.  Hard to believe that in the chaos of an onside kick if the ball bounces right to you you're not supposed to grab it?  The special teams coach says "so and so blocks only.  If the ball comes to you don't touch it!"  Really? That's like passing on a fumble. It's not like he ran over Nelson in the process.

Yes, his job was to block, hold off the Seahawks for Jordy Nelson (right behind him) to catch the ball. He said so himself in interviews later, as did his coaches. His role would be different if the kick was bouncing on the ground, but it was well defined for this pop-up kick.

11 out of 12 balls--2lbs under inflated in latest news report. This should be interesting.
As both teams dealt with the freezing temperatures, Fox cameras showed sideline attendants using heaters to warm up game balls, which is against league rules. NFL vice president of officiating Dean Blandino said Monday morning on NFL Network that officials warned both the Vikings and Panthers not to heat up the balls during Sunday's game, and would remind teams this week not to heat game balls.

Love to know what the repercussions for this were so we could see a graded response with the current fracas.

I, for one, enjoy warm balls. Not so much under-inflated ones.  :down:

I think I read that GB QB Rogers was caught with an over inflated ball at one time. Any repercussions from that?

Football is my favorite sport to watch. I find myself looking at how the backs are lined up with the wide receivers and tight ends after the ball is snapped. Wish the cameras panned out a little more.

Have always been a Patriot fan. Even through years of pure disappointment their performance always effected my mood for each game watched. I've yelled at the TV a lot and missed a lot of second half's. No other team has that effect on me. These times are a lot more fun.

My heart was with Green Bay. My wife and I visited Lambeau Field on our WI road trip to pick up Belle. We were treated to lunch at Curly's Pub by Packer loyalists. The gift shop finished up a life memory.

Like posters on this thread I look forward to the smack talk. Good nature ribbing has its place in camp.

Let the game begin.

I think I read that GB QB Rogers was caught with an over inflated ball at one time. Any repercussions from that?

No. He inflated the other one too and his girlfriend was happy.

I don't think so.

Yes, his job was to block, hold off the Seahawks for Jordy Nelson (right behind him) to catch the ball. He said so himself in interviews later, as did his coaches. His role would be different if the kick was bouncing on the ground, but it was well defined for this pop-up kick.

Interesting.  I think my so-called informed opinions are better suited to hockey.  Or dog spays.

If this was any other team in the NFL it would be a non issue but because it is the Pats it gets blown way out of proportion.  

The Refs who handled the balls all day did not notice anything wrong with them.  

The different sports news groups have been digging deeper and has been find out it is a very common thing that QB's do like there balls a certain way and that is how they are set up for them on game day.

Teams use any and all advantages every game from taping other teams (if you believe that the Pats are the only team that has ever done that I have a bridge for sale) to signing players to practice squads from a team they were just cut by to get a hold of that teams play books to messing with foot balls.

It is time to move on from this NON issue the NFL should have put this to bed Monday morning at the latest instead of dragging it out.

The packers only played 56min. out of 60... The onside kick was botched but no excuse the D let the seahawks score. Were not sure the guy under the hoodie had any doing with the under inflated balls... my guess someone seen his playbook... :D

Can anyone explain why Clay Mathews was standing on the sidelines with minutes to go in the Packers/Seahawks game? The TV camera's showed him several times with his helmet off while the GB defense was on the field.

Mathews is GB's BEST defensive player and unless he suffered 2 compound fractures of both legs I don't get why he was sidelined.

The fix was in.  :blues:

Virgil