So 2015 UJ Fly Swap?

Rich Farino

Anyone up for it?  Maybe with a theme?

Just greasing the wheels here...  I know it's someone else's gig but since it's winter and dead here at the shop I thought I'd ask.

R

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LostintheUplands

• shoot-straight

• Tres

• browndrake

LostintheUplands

Since I've been delinquent in my participation around here.

(my grouse season of discontent)

I'll host this shindig, unless someone else has their heart set on hosting.

Same rules as last year.

But, can we make the deadline at the end of March???

Matt

I'm also in, no idea what I'll tie yet.

End of March is gracious...  2.5 months for the slackers to get their stuff in  ;)

LostintheUplands

sorry for the delay guys. I'm sorting tonight and mailing tomorrow.

We damn near made the deadline.  :D  there's always next year.

Matt

shoot-straight
ive gotten back into the swing of tying and would like to participate. if youll have me. likely a local MD saltwater pattern, since thats what i do best.
I'm in this year. I need to start tying soon, anyway, and this will force my lazy ass to get my **** out and organized.
  • 5 weeks later...
LostintheUplands

Is thing on?

We have

Rich

ElhewA

Chubs

Shoot-straight

Bmeador

Lost

Juneboy

Tres

End of April deadline.

LostintheUplands

Da Rules: same as 2014, except for dates.

- Each tier will tie 1 fly for each participant, plus one extra - the extra fly will be donated to Brad for use how he sees fit (perhaps an auction)

- Commitment deadline ASAP (this is when people need to commit to tying and declare what they are tying).

- Completion deadline - Flies should be completed and in the mail to me by April 30th. I'll PM the participants my mailing address.  Flies will be mailed to the tiers as soon as possible after they have all been received.

- Flies should be mailed in some sort of reusable container that is large enough to hold all the flies that are going back to you.  Put your real name, UJ name, and mailing address in or on the box so I know who to return it to.

There is only one really firm rule on this:  Participants MUST include a postage paid return envelope to get your flies back to you. So, if you forget your postage paid return envelope, think of it like donating your flies to Brad's pile for auction purposes!

I have no particular theme in mind other than I liked the idea of swapping your local pattern for one of my local patterns.

At this point I have no idea what I’ll be tying.

Anybody else???

Role call

I'm new here..(today is first day that I can post)..  but this sounds fun.

Not sure what to tie... green drake cripple.. hungarian partridge caddis...parachute baetis.

You say a 'local fly'  I live in northern AZ.. best fishing in AZ is in UT and best fishing in UT is in ID...