Is there no end to stupid

Tim Frazier

So if a football was at the 13psi at room temp, 70 degrees, and it's taken outside where it's 35 degrees, wouldn't you expect it to drop a PSI or two?

I don't like the Pats, but they earned the win, sad state of the news all the way around.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brad Eden

• gunsrus

• River19

• mshowman

I don't think Indy had the same issue. So Indy over inflated for the temp change?? I thought the game time temp was 51 degree?

maybe but if one likes it at the top of the range and one at the bottom...

Either way the Colts lost the game, I would have liked to see them win though!

It really seems a bit "blown" out of proportion  :p

If the refs handling the balls on every play did not detect it, how much advantage would it be?

I also wonder how do you reduce the pressure after they have been approved by the league and are in full view of the stadium with all those TV cameras?  I am pretty sure that I would not buy a used car from Belichick.

Dishonest is dishonest, regardless if it is in politics or football. Or the poaching of upland birds.  :devil:
Dishonest is dishonest, regardless if it is in politics or football. Or the poaching of upland birds.  :devil:

Are you implying we should check Nates shells...he did load that blooper for Doug...hmmm...

cheating is cheating...especially when Yoda has a history of it.

You say it didnt have an impact....so lets just shoot one more bird....aint no big deal...

Rules are rules

Politics dosen't matter.  Cheating in politics is admired and encouraged.  If you have power flaunt it.

BUT, if it is football, well the integrety of the game,,,,,,,yada yada,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Well Bull ****.

Working with ASTM standards like I do you would think that someone would have addressed temperature differentials when engineering the protocol for measuring psi in a football. That is of course assuming they are using compressed air and not an inert gas.

Are you implying we should check Nates shells...he did load that blooper for Doug...hmmm...

Nate gets one free pass because of his pork chops. If 11 of his 12 shells fail to meet requirements we may have to send him to the Super Bowl.

As they say in NASCAR, "If you ain't cheatin', you ain't tryin".

I don't think its such a big deal, but rules are rules. I, too, wonder if officials handle the ball on every play, as they do, why didn't they feel something wrong? Must not have been that much of a difference.

Article I read said it would be almost impossible to have 11 of the 12 game balls deflated by 2 psi.  It would have had to have been done on the sidelines.
An ex football coach is one of the TV sports announcers on a local station and he laughingly said there isn't a high level couch anywhere that doesn't carry an inflation/deflation needle in his pocket. One of the oldest tricks in the book according to him.
Dakota Dogman

And all these guys are drug free too of course...  :glare:

That much money riding on the game & it isn't a game anymore.

God Bless,

I don't think Indy had the same issue. So Indy over inflated for the temp change?? I thought the game time temp was 51 degree?

The balls that Indy had were never checked and by the time they thought to do so it was to late as they had already taken them home.

There are so many people talking about what they believe happened that it does not matter what the truth really is.  

The story was broke by a Indy reporter.  Would you like to bet that the NFL told Indy before that happened that the whole deal was a non issue and move on.  So Indy upset at loosing like they did let it slip to the reporter that the balls the Pats used might have been questionable.

This is what I think happened

Indy before the game got in touch with the Pats ball boys and made a deal with then for a undisclosed amount of money to let the air out of a few balls.  They did this knowing that during the game the possibility that they would get a interception was there. So IF they were getting beat they now had reason to cast suspicion on the Pats.  

Haters gonna Hate

Go Pats