• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brad Eden

• gunsrus

• River19

• mshowman

They could have used bowling balls and it wouldn't have made a difference.  The Colts were out played.

So your position is that it's OK to cheat if you were going to win anyway?

How does the outcome of the game mitigate the cheating?

Never said it was ok to cheat.

The NFL has had the confiscated balls for five days. More than ample time to test, measure, weigh, Xray, MRI, or anything else needed to measure the extent of the tampering with the game balls. And  talk to all of the engineers/PR guys in the world.

And given the recent history of fumbling/bumbling around "issues" ie. see Ray Rice et al........  

WHEN  does the NFL drop the bomb on the Patriots/Belichick/Brady   ???   Before or after Feb 1  ???

How many times did the refs handle the balls in the first half?  Every single offensive play for the Pats, several of the refs touched each ball and none noticed anything out the ordinary.  They placed each ball on the line, tossed it to side judges, etc.  Even the linebacker that kept the intercepted ball didn't notice it was low.  I'm not saying they weren't low.  I'm just saying no one noticed anything and if so, how big a difference would it make.  Is this one of the rules that is silly like speeding 61 in a 55?

I suspect the equipment guy pumped up 50 balls and let Brady pick his 20+ for the game.  I'd be surprised if anyone actually used a PSI gauge vs. just went with feel.  I have tire gauges and none of mine are accurate to .5 psi.

How many times did the refs handle the balls in the first half?  Every single offensive play for the Pats, several of the refs touched each ball and none noticed anything out the ordinary.  They placed each ball on the line, tossed it to side judges, etc.  Even the linebacker that kept the intercepted ball didn't notice it was low.  I'm not saying they weren't low.  I'm just saying no one noticed anything and if so, how big a difference would it make.  Is this one of the rules that is silly like speeding 61 in a 55?

I suspect the equipment guy pumped up 50 balls and let Brady pick his 20+ for the game.  I'd be surprised if anyone actually used a PSI gauge vs. just went with feel.  I have tire gauges and none of mine are accurate to .5 psi.

Bingo !

Living on the West Coast, I've been a Pats fan since they got started in 1960, as my father's cousin (Gino Cappelletti) was a star player there for 11 years, and for many years after, part of the boardcast team.

This whole Deflate-Gate thing is just plain stupid. The press is always looking for something like this jump on, and make more of that it is.

It just ain't that big of a deal.

NFL is not going to do anything until after the SB .

Why , because every channel , media , talk show has this #1 . It's all about money baby ! Super Bowl sponsors are eating this up . Guarantee this SB will have the highest ratings ever !

Too bad for the Pats because that is the focus . Seattle is just sitting back and enjoying the view as they should .

:angry:

The super bowl is soon?  Meh...  the local NBC station has their tower set to 100 yards away for reception and i don't have cable so no dice for me.    I'll find something else to do like run the dogs and take a nap.

There was nothing wrong with the balls during the first half of the game. That's why neither the refs nor Brady noticed anything.

What really happened is that John Harbaugh, still embarrassed by being caught with his pants down in the previous game, conspired to have the testing equipment tampered with. Once the balls were confiscated, they all measured 2 lbs less because the equipment was no longer calibrated correctly. Pats had nothing to do with it.

That's my conspiracy theory and I'm sticking to it.  :p

There was nothing wrong with the balls during the first half of the game. That's why neither the refs nor Brady noticed anything.

What really happened is that John Harbaugh, still embarrassed by being caught with his pants down in the previous game, conspired to have the testing equipment tampered with. Once the balls were confiscated, they all measured 2 lbs less because the equipment was no longer calibrated correctly. Pats had nothing to do with it.

I've heard it was George Bush's fault.

The Harbaugh Bros. are the two biggest whinnie cry babies in the NFL.

I hope this whole thing comes back and is thrown in John Harbaugh's face. Belicheck out smarted him big time in the playoff game, and he uses this to try and get even.

And the press buys into to it hook, line, and sinker.