• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brad Eden

• Rex Hoppie

• oldredruff

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A little luck goes a long way. Opening day in Wisconsin was my lucky day. This buck and I had a run-in in October on the 22nd and he won. I was bow hunting with my grandson and the Buck slipped away.

Mine with my muzzleloader. 

Amazing what getting up early and climbing a mountain will get ya. . . Blow by blow later after I shower and regroup.

I'm used to seeing big cornfield bucks around here but this one even got me pumped up. Excellent buck! Was it shot over a flush or point, or was it ground swatted? SxS, O/U, or pump, bolt, or semi-auto? Confess!  :laugh:

Mike

DAMN...score one for El Jefe.

Personally, I think Brad just sucks up all the extra UJ MOJO, which pays off in grouse, woodcock, turkeys and (monstrous) deer!

What was the bait, and what brand of spotlight did ya use?

------------------

Earth and sky, woods and fields, lakes and rivers, the mountain and the sea, are excellent schoolmasters, and teach some of us more than we can ever learn from books.

**Sir John Lubbock**

Congrats Brad, really nice buck. I was lucky enough to kill a bruiser in 1995. I had mine done in a shoulder mount. I enjoy him every day... we have coffee together every morning.  :D

What was the bait, and what brand of spotlight did ya use?

Ya use deer corn, $5 a bag at any Quik-Stop, and what brand spotlight ya use don't no never mind.

I'm used to seeing big cornfield bucks around here but this one even got me pumped up. Excellent buck! Was it shot over a flush or point, or was it ground swatted? SxS, O/U, or pump, bolt, or semi-auto? Confess!  :laugh:

Mike

Do Ohio cropland deer really compare to northern deer?

...Scotsman

Rex...do you know where the heaviest whitetail ever taken was from?  It wasn't down south, it was from Minnesota.  It weighed in at 500#.

Do Ohio cropland deer really compare to northern deer?

...Scotsman

Believe it.

I've never seen an Ohio deer so I don't know.

Over this way, crop states like Iowa, Missouri, Kansas, Oklahoma, ect, have deer populations that grow very large antlers, but are typically small deer. The year before last I shot an 8-point that dressed 220# and couldn't have been over 5 years old. He wouldn't even exist south of here...Scotsman

Guys, guys.  We’re gettin’ off topic here!  This is about congratulating Brad on his big-ass deer, remember?

What do ya think, Photoshop?

------------------

Earth and sky, woods and fields, lakes and rivers, the mountain and the sea, are excellent schoolmasters, and teach some of us more than we can ever learn from books.

**Sir John Lubbock**

Guys, guys.  We’re gettin’ off topic here!  This is about congratulating Brad on his big-ass deer, remember?

What do ya think, Photoshop?

------------------

**Sir John Lubbock**

Sorry to get off topic there UP, but I'm fairly certain Brad is doing the same thing I'm doing......Note to self, Must investigate large Ohio cropland deer...........   :cool:

...Scotsman