• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brad Eden

• Rex Hoppie

• oldredruff

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A little luck goes a long way. Opening day in Wisconsin was my lucky day. This buck and I had a run-in in October on the 22nd and he won. I was bow hunting with my grandson and the Buck slipped away.

Mine with my muzzleloader. 

Amazing what getting up early and climbing a mountain will get ya. . . Blow by blow later after I shower and regroup.

The Gods were smiling upon you this day for sure :D .  Great kill there Brad.  I am very very happy for you.

Didnt you go deer les last year?

if so this sure makes up for it!

Great Deer Brad, I hope it was all downhill drag for you. That really boosts the spirits for all us whitetail hunters.
Michael Stenstrom
Sooo, thats what they look like!  Having only seen quick flashes this year I had forgotten wht the front ends looked like.  Congrats.  the 7mm-08 isn't the only lil' b in the woods.  Just kidding.  Congrats.  You have inspired me to head out before school tomorrow.

I wonder if the 30 plus lbs heavier Brad would have had it in him to climb said "un-named mountain" this morning?

Your work ethic has paid you dividends today and for the future. Congrats on the fine deer.

I wonder if the 30 plus lbs heavier Brad would have had it in him to climb said "un-named mountain" this morning?

Your work ethic has paid you dividends today and for the future. Congrats on the fine deer.

Thanks,

How true. I hadn't made that climb for the last couple/few years-just didn't have the stamina to hunt that high-up let alone drag a buck off the mountain.

I quit smoking 10+- years ago for selfish reasons even after all the pleading from my wife and kids-I quit because I was afraid I was jeopardizing my time spent roaming the outdoors, hunting with dogs etc.

Same for weight loss and working-out-just want to prolong my sporting years for as long as I can.

Selfish bastard I am-just love this outdoor life is all.

Great buck there Brad. Nice rack. Looks really swelled with the rut. They're doing stupid stuff here right now. Guy at work came in saying he had to dodge a buck that had a doe mounted along the edge of his county road this morning.

Well, is there a late archery season?

. . .They're doing stupid stuff here right now. . . .

Well, is there a late archery season?

Yeah, it is prime time "pre-rut" RIGHT NOW in my area of Maine. I talked to a local hunter who is a good one and he has seen a bunch of bucks traveling, grunting and following does in the last few days. They are looking for does that are coming into estrus. This is the best time to be in the woods before the bucks hook-up with receptive does and dissapear for days on end.

The Maine Expanded Archery season goes til Dec 10th I think. I can still archery hunt for deer in special areas. . .like my buddy Scotts woodlot in Orono where I arrowed a doe a few years back! But I really need to get back to bird hunting with dogs. . . .