Ducks vs Jets

Canucks vs Flames

NYR vs Pens

Habs vs Sens

Bolts vs Wings

Caps vs NYI

My fearless predictions Western Conf : Wild, Preds, Jets, Flames

Eastern Conf: Habs, Bolts, NYR, NYI.

Some thoughts: since the big trade in March, the Jets are a different and much better team. They should go far, if Pavelec keeps invoking his mojo.

The East will provide the most competitive and best hockey in the first round...except for Detroit and Pitts, every team is a contender.

Marc

I almost completely agree:

Western Conf : Wild, Preds, Jets, Flames

Eastern Conf: Sens, Bolts, NYR, NYI

Pub Scout

The first round of these playoffs look like some of the best series in years (even though my beloved Bruins are out :down: and deservedly so lazy bums )

I am going with my adopted Wild over the Blues in 6.  Dubnyk has that team believing and a hot goalie trumps everything in the playoffs.

In what will be the best series of the first round I am going with Smashville over Chicago in 7.  Peter Laviolette has the Preds ready to do some damage.

While it's nice to see the Peg back in the playoffs there stay will be short.  The Ducks in 5.

Calgary versus Vancouver.  It's Ryan Miller in the post season.  Calgary in 6.

Rangers against the Penguins.  Rangers in four.  It will be a close series until the first face-off.

Ahhh the Habs and the Senators.  This will be a physical series.  Do you remember the last one?  Lars Eller doesn't :p.  This has the potential for upset.  However Carey Price is stone cold.  Habs in 6.  I just died a little writing that.

Bolts and Wings.  Is this Babcock's last hurrah in the Motor City?  The average age of these teams is like 12.  Wings still don't have a reliable goalie, Lightning in 5.

Capitals and Islanders.  Trotz has a team with offensive talent playing his system...that's scary.  Holtby and Halak will be the difference makers.  Holtby will win games and Halak will lose them- Caps in 6.

Marc

However Carey Price is stone cold.

And Mark Stone is hot!  Pr-ice melts.  :cool:

Pomoxis
As much as I want to see my Wild prevail, they just don't match up well against the Blues IMO. Dubnyk will have to stand on his head for them to move on and we will need some secondary scoring (Coyle, Granlund, Fontaine). Our power play sucks and if we cant turn that around I think that the more physical Blues will puck possess us right out of the playoffs.

MN Tonester
I've seen a lot of the sports commentators picking the Wild in the first round.  I'd love to see it but SL is not going to lie down for the Wild

Ben Hong

I think that you are all giving the Blues too much respect. Carey Price and his merry band of Habs beat them both times they played this season, 5-2, 4-1. Those were serious beat downs against an acknowledged heavyweight team.

2 reasons ...speed and goaltending. Minny's got both. Have faith.

Big Al

Blues                Rangers

Preds                Caps

Ducks               Sens

Flames              Lightning

I have to go with the Sens.  If Price isn't at the top of his game the Habs are suspect. Sens won the season series and are hotter than any team in the NHL. Just hard to go against that. But Montreal didn't win the Atlantic by being bad.

Now what do I win if my picks are correct?

The first round of these playoffs look like some of the best series in years (even though my beloved Bruins are out :down: and deservedly so lazy bums )

I am going with my adopted Wild over the Blues in 6.  Dubnyk has that team believing and a hot goalie trumps everything in the playoffs.

In what will be the best series of the first round I am going with Smashville over Chicago in 7.  Peter Laviolette has the Preds ready to do some damage.

While it's nice to see the Peg back in the playoffs there stay will be short.  The Ducks in 5.

Calgary versus Vancouver.  It's Ryan Miller in the post season.  Calgary in 6.

Rangers against the Penguins.  Rangers in four.  It will be a close series until the first face-off.

Ahhh the Habs and the Senators.  This will be a physical series.  Do you remember the last one?  Lars Eller doesn't :p.  This has the potential for upset.  However Carey Price is stone cold.  Habs in 6.  I just died a little writing that.

Bolts and Wings.  Is this Babcock's last hurrah in the Motor City?  The average age of these teams is like 12.  Wings still don't have a reliable goalie, Lightning in 5.

Capitals and Islanders.  Trotz has a team with offensive talent playing his system...that's scary.  Holtby and Halak will be the difference makers.  Holtby will win games and Halak will lose them- Caps in 6.

Hard to argue with much of this, possibly the Jets do  little better.

I think that you are all giving the Blues too much respect. Carey Price and his merry band of Habs beat them both times they played this season, 5-2, 4-1. Those were serious beat downs against an acknowledged heavyweight team.

2 reasons ...speed and goaltending. Minny's got both. Have faith.

Yep, and they  come at you with 3-4 pretty good lines all game long.

vagrousehunter

Some random thoughts and I'll pick who I'd like to win since I have no idea who to pick

Just because team A is as hot as a supernova and team B hasn't been playing well heading into the playoffs does not necessarily mean that team A will win.  Ask Bruce Bodreau.

Just because your team fared well against another team in the regular season does't mean they will do so in a seven game series.  It's a completely different dynamic playing the same opponent night after night.

Is being a GM or coach in Toronto the worst gig in all of sports ?

My picks;

Wild  (hard not to like these guys)

Hawks

Ducks (like to see Bruce do well)

Canuks

Habs

Bolts

Rangers (I'd root against Pens no matter who they play)

Caps

Dogwood

Blues

Preds

Jets

Canucks

Rangers

Habs

Wings

Caps

Tom Avent

Going all in. I'm going to pick the entire Cup. Here goes

1st Round

West-

Min

Nash

Ana

Cgy

East-

Mtl

Tbl

NYR

Was

2nd Round

West-

Nash

Ana

East-

Mtl

Was

3rd Round

West-

Nash

East-

Was

Cup Winner - Nashville in 7 over Trotz and Washington

Big Al
 This has the potential for upset.  However Carey Price is stone cold.  Habs in 6.  I just died a little writing that.

Well if Price is "stone cold".  Hammond is Arctic Ice.

Last four games.

Price:   .902 save pct.   2.25 GAA

Hammond:   .952 save pct.  1.5 GAA

Of course Price is seasoned and Hammond isn't. Seems there was a goalie named Dryden like that too.

Agreed an upset is possible.

UplandHntr

what in the ever lovin' hell? Only one other guy thinks the Blackhawks will beat Nashville? Did I miss a memo ??? The only memo I got is - KANER is back!!

Its time to drop the puck boys!