REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Ben Hong

Play the Gypsy

Marc

To the viewer, the slash was hard to look at and very cringeworthy, but the commentators (all ex-players) on CBC all thought that it "was not worthy of a 5 and game".

I just saw a report that Stone has a micro-fracture in the wrist.

Makes sense - his reaction showed it was a painful blow.

I missed most of my hockey season after a nasty hit to the knee last fall. (and some of hunting season  :angry: )

I hate seeing the nasty stuff - but that's "playoff hockey".

LacysPop
On another note, it would be a shame if Subban gets suspended. I did not see the slash. Is it suspension worthy?

Classless player is being classless again.  What a shock.  He should have been suspended for the next one IMO.

LacysPop

To the viewer, the slash was hard to look at and very cringeworthy, but the commentators (all ex-players) on CBC all thought that it "was not worthy of a 5 and game". Now the Sen's Coach is calling for retaliation if the league does nothing about it. He WILL be MADE to recant and apologize.( Funny how Stone was throwing punches at game's end).

Playoffs! Ain't it fun?

Per NHL rules: If a slash causes an injury a 5 min major must be assessed.  The game misconduct is because the ref thought he did it with intent to injure.  I agree with the ref on this one.

Edit.  From the rule book: "Whenever a major penalty is assessed

for slashing, a game misconduct penalty must also be imposed."

The Sen's coach is a clown though.  How embarrassing.

Ben Hong

To the viewer, the slash was hard to look at and very cringeworthy, but the commentators (all ex-players) on CBC all thought that it "was not worthy of a 5 and game". Now the Sen's Coach is calling for retaliation if the league does nothing about it. He WILL be MADE to recant and apologize.( Funny how Stone was throwing punches at game's end).

Playoffs! Ain't it fun?

Per NHL rules: If a slash causes an injury a 5 min major must be assessed.  The game misconduct is because the ref thought he did it with intent to injure.  I agree with the ref on this one.

Edit.  From the rule book: "Whenever a major penalty is assessed

for slashing, a game misconduct penalty must also be imposed."

The Sen's coach is a clown though.  How embarrassing.

If one is to heed and apply the rule book chapter and verse, then we must necessarily clearly define what is meant by "injury". A severe bruise (contusion) is by all accounts an "injury". It is not always immediately apparent to the amateur onlooker (non medical examiner) at first glance. Players routinely play though hundreds of bruises, they don't call them injuries. None of the refs were medical doctors and there was not an MRI machine on the ice. How can they determine that Stone was injured in a split second, unless they were sold a bill of goods. It turns out that player 61, Stone, had a micro fracture as a result of the slash, yeah right! We have all had bone bruises and contusions, but unless I am amid a bunch of wimps and pussies, we did not cry and roll around the floor like a rolling Stone(apologies). Stone came back to resume the game, and he threw punches at the game ending brouhaha that he started.

I do not condone stick work, but the sight of a so called tough pro athlete writhing in fake agony is equally abhorrent to me. Game on!

LacysPop
If one is to heed and apply the rule book chapter and verse, then we must necessarily clearly define what is meant by "injury". A severe bruise (contusion) is by all accounts an "injury". It is not always immediately apparent to the amateur onlooker (non medical examiner) at first glance. Players routinely play though hundreds of bruises, they don't call them injuries. None of the refs were medical doctors and there was not an MRI machine on the ice. How can they determine that Stone was injured in a split second, unless they were sold a bill of goods. It turns out that player 61, Stone, had a micro fracture as a result of the slash, yeah right! We have all had bone bruises and contusions, but unless I am amid a bunch of wimps and pussies, we did not cry and roll around the floor like a rolling Stone(apologies). Stone came back to resume the game, and he threw punches at the game ending brouhaha that he started.

I do not condone stick work, but the sight of a so called tough pro athlete writhing in fake agony is equally abhorrent to me. Game on!

Oh come on.  He two-handed Stone right above the glove. That was much more than your ordinary slash.  And the fact that it happened no where near the puck makes it worse in the refs eyes.

Regarding Stone throwing punches at the end of the game.... Drugs can do some amazing things.

For the record, I'm not a fan of either team.  I loathe them both equally  :)

Marc

Just watched that Subban slash on Stone again on the news - it was nasty.

Brian Murray says there was a spoken threat before hand and a couple of other slash attempts by Subban prior to the wrist breaking one.  Nasty!

Pomoxis
Subban is classless and that act will ultimately be irrelevant because even if they survive the 1st round, they will not get past the second. Good motivation for the Sens though.

sxsneubaum
You guys still sticking with the Preds after that choke last night?

Tom Avent

Tonight's The Night!!!!!!

Deja Vu all over again.....ain't this time of year great? Not as good as bird season, but what is?

Ben Hong
Brian Murray says there was a spoken threat before hand and a couple of other slash attempts by Subban prior to the wrist breaking one.  Nasty!

Jaysuss, Marc, is you is or is you ain't a Canajan? Any one who has ever played hockey at all will have heard dozens of threats per game - such as : you are going to eat a wooden salad; can you skate on one ankle, faggot; you don't need that spleen, punk; touch that puck and you will die; etc ad nauseam.

Marc

Jaysuss, Marc, is you is or is you ain't a Canajan? Any one who has ever played hockey at all will have heard dozens of threats per game - such as : you are going to eat a wooden salad; can you skate on one ankle, faggot; you don't need that spleen, punk; touch that puck and you will die; etc ad nauseam.

Course I'm Canajan... and played hockey all my life - still do.

I enjoy the intensity of playoff hockey - but I wish the "old time" hockey would disappear.

Big Al

Well I'm as good as picking winning teams as I am at picking stocks.  After all the game ones my picks are 3-5.  

Bishop laid an egg last night. 46 shots for Lightning, 14 for Wings and we lose.  Mrazek stood tall for the Wings.

Subban=Marchand

dogrunner
Yep the Wings looked terrible and Won. :laugh:

MN Tonester
How 'bout them Wild.  First time in seven (or was it 8?) attempts that they won the opening game

vagrousehunter

Subban=Marchand

This^